I know we are strapped for cash | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I know we are strapped for cash

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
but i hear the Bills will be releasing Jay Reimersma in the next few days. He could really sure up one of the fins last questionable areas, and could make this team a true SB contender. Jay is a "complete TE". That is a dieing breed these days. I mean how many TE's can manhandle lbs like an OT, and catch the ball like a WR? I doubt we can find the cash but if we could he could really help bring the fins to the next level.

Dajesus..............

Originally posted by Dajesus
but i hear the Bills will be releasing Jay Reimersma in the next few days. He could really sure up one of the fins last questionable areas, and could make this team a true SB contender. Jay is a "complete TE". That is a dieing breed these days. I mean how many TE's can manhandle lbs like an OT, and catch the ball like a WR? I doubt we can find the cash but if we could he could really help bring the fins to the next level.

I agree with you that Jay Reimersma is a great TE, but we've got more pressing needs, as in our offensive line.:eek:

Jay would be a great addition, but I believe he's probably not going to be worth the money...

Speaking of Jay, if it wasn't for him, I would have beat the Bills a couple of weeks ago 70-0 in Madden 2002 (I won 70-7...Jay caught a short pass and took it the distance).

"• Wannstedt said the Dolphins aren't in the market for a high-priced free agent tight end at the moment, such as Ken Dilger, Byron Chamberlain or Freddie Jones."

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/2840684.htm

However on the REALLY REALLY COOL side of things:

"Searcy is among many proven veteran players who might join the Dolphins at reasonable rates. Senior vice president Rick Spielman said he has received a surprising number of calls from agents on behalf of veterans who are realizing they might not make much more than the minimum, so they might as well make it in Miami with no state tax and a quality team."

I think the word is getting around about that more then it has ever been and as long as FA remains tight the phins are going to have an easier time then most at FA.

I like that there are some vets who are interested in signing in Miami for the minimum. They want to try to jump on board and ride the Ricky-train all the way to the NFL Promised Land. :D

Remiersma would be a great pickup considering he is a complete package tight end, but this is supposed to be the year of ALONZO MAYES. I think Wannie wants to give him a chance since he is FINALLY healthy this year. He must be very talented since Wannie is being this patient with him.

I think we are ready to go with our 4 TE's
  1. Mayes
  2. Weaver
  3. Draper
  4. Perry
    [/list=1]

Bills | Riemersma May Stick Afterall - posted at KFFL (http://nfl.kffl.com)
4:56 PT: The Rochester Democrat and Chronicle reports it appears unlikely the Buffalo Bills would cut TE Jay Riemersma even though he refused to take a pay cut to stay with the team. The Bills added free agent TE Dave Moore on Monday, but it appears Riemersma may stick around due to offensive coordinator Kevin Gilbride's desire to run double tight end formations.

The thing I like about adding proven vets at league minimums is that they are very cheap, and only one season long (I think all vets we sign to league mins. will probably be only one season contracts).

We are not throwing out big contracts to vets who are over the hill...Instead, we are adding vets at a reasonable price, and making no long-term commitments to them.

Great stuff.

Originally posted by dolphan39
I think we are ready to go with our 4 TE's
  1. Mayes
  2. Weaver
  3. Draper
  4. Perry
    [/list=1]

1. I think this is foolish confidence. Mayes has been in the league for what 4 years now, and has yet to finish a season. Weaver can catch the ball, but isn't that effective when it comes to run blocking. Draper hasn't played in a reg season game yet. Perry is a long snapper and that is it.

worst case we are about as good as 2001 since all we lost was Goodwin

but we are certainly weak at starting TE

Originally posted by Dajesus

I think this is foolish confidence. Mayes has been in the league for what 4 years now, and has yet to finish a season. Weaver can catch the ball, but isn't that effective when it comes to run blocking. Draper hasn't played in a reg season game yet. Perry is a long snapper and that is it.
Riemersma is a worse blocker than Weaver ,,, he doesn't run disciplined routes and is as slow as a snail ! I think he had some knee problems a year ago and that made his running and blocking even worse. Mayes has to come to the plate and produce this season or find another bench to squat, Perry's job is secure,unless a better L - Snapper is picked up, Draper is a work in progress--- I really believe Wanny is just listing him as a T-E just to save a roster space.... Marino1983

don't waste money you do not have too. Jed Weaver made several good plays late last year and could do a good job for us, he may not be a tony gongalaz or Shannon Sharpe, but if we spread the ball around people are going to get open.

Back
Top Bottom