I like Ogun, but... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I like Ogun, but...

taylorj99

Starter
Reaction score
I like Ogun, but...trade...

If the San Diego gets the Giants' 2nd or 3rd rounder, we should offer SD Ogun for their 2 and 3. Then we'd have 20, 34, 65, etc. With those three picks we could shore up both lines, maybe another receiver, maybe Losman, lots of options with those picks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nah. Those picks would be nice, but the fact is OGun is well worth at least 1 #1 in the top 25 picks....I think we're making a big mistake letting him go for less.

Ditto, the FO needs to stick to thier gunz on this one. Nothing less than a first rounder

With the gaggle of picks that SD will end up with, plus them needing a DE, they'd be willing to give it up. Besides, I don't think there's any value at 20. However, couple 20 with 34, then two 3rds also, now that's value, especially considering how deep the second round talent pool is. Another thing, I think we're underestimating the power of the dollar and how much Ogun wants to get paid. If RS and Co. decide that he's not good enough to pay, then they'll try to get as much for him THIS year in trade rather than wait till next year and get no return other than a compensatory pick.

Ogun's gonna play for us. Why do people keep on hoping we'll trade him is beyond me. We need this guy. Just ask JT and ask Pat and Sam.

Ozzy rules!!

Ogun's gonna play for us. Why do people keep on hoping we'll trade him is beyond me. We need this guy. Just ask JT and ask Pat and Sam.

It's called value. Sell high, buy low. Why wait till next year when we have no leverage over him. If we don't offer a long term contract and he signs the one year tender, I guarantee he'll be fed up and leave. Then we get squat. Value, that's all, it's a business.

We are talking about the AFCs leading sacker. They don't exactly grow on trees. As much as I'd like to see us get what we are asking for Ogun we'd be fine to keep him around. He's in his prime. We aren't going to turn into the Chiefs or Rams with any picks he will get us. The fact is that we are a defense first team with a defensive minded coach. You think Wanny is going to turn into Vermiel because of a couple draft picks?
Let's keep Ogun and have QBs wet their bed the night before game day.

As good as he is, how much of his success is directly related to JT? He's not, nor ever has been the core of our defense. If I recall correctly JT still got majority of the double teams all year. How soon people like to forget about Trace Armstrong. JT got him paid too.

Trace Armstrong was at the end of his career when the Raiders overpaid for him. Ogun is 26 and could still get better. He may not be the cornerstone now but 2-3 years down the line who knows. Bottom line is we are a much better team with him than without him and the draft is a crapshoot. Who's to say the guys we take with these exrta draft picks aren't busts? We are built to win NOW and Ogun gives the best oppurtunity to do that PERIOD

JT didn't get double as much as some people here think. If you think he got double last year then wait till Ogun's gone.Every time I hear that JT got double a lot last year I know is coming from someone who wasn't really paying attention. Anyway, we're keeping Ogun and EVERYONE should be happy for that.

Ozzy rules!!

Originally posted by Danny

Ozzy rules!!

Period.

I like Ogun but..............i would rather have draft picks.:rolleyes:

I'm just tired of status quo. "Conservative and defensive minded" equals predictable and playing not to lose. Not too long ago we were the exact opposite. We'd go out and put as many points on the board as possible and hope the defense could stop of first down. We had more playoff appearances with that approach.

As far as Trace Armstrong, all I'm saying is playing across from JT boosted his stats enough that the Raiders thought he was worth the money.

Bottom line is this I guess, our recent drafts have been terrible. Most of the defensive players we've drafted have been busts. No, I don't want to be the Chiefs or Rams, but we need an Offense that will scare opposing defenses. At least make them think we're gonna throw the ball on 1st down. Now that's scary. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about keeping Ogun, but sign him to a long term deal now, that way we keep him tied up for years to come. Don't press him into signing a one year tender when everyone knows he's worth much more. It causes bad blood, and he'll leave next year. Team loyalty went out the window when Shula left and Marino retired. The dollar equals loyalty these days.

Back
Top Bottom