I love being the underdog | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I love being the underdog

corona683

Active Roster
Reaction score
these "so called experts r a joke... Fins has this game Hands Down and theres no ? Fin Fans , dont get caught in the hype.. Fins r the better team.. THATS it.

miami will continue to be the underdog until they can prove themselves in the post-season. they are playing better so i don't mind. it's kinda fun to watch what happens after the game(see; miami vs buffalo)

If the Fins win this game....they'll surely get some respect from the whole state of NY I would hope.

The Phins play way better when they are not expected to win. I'm glad we are the underdogs.:thewave:

Go Phins!!!!!!!

This is game is as tough as the Bills game,maybe tougher because now we have the chance to take over are division.The Phins need to step up big. We have the advantage that we already played in the meadow lands this season against a crowd alot alike like the Giants ,Maybe worse cause of are rivalry against the Jets.

If are guys go in there knowing they are in for a fight a step up we win.

If they dont we are 2-2 basically.

This is the one we need to win,because after this we face the Jags which do scare me but havent proved anything.With 2 wins on the road i think we are un great position..

Lets pray we win on Sunday.....

I don't think the phins will bring the same intensity as they did for Buffalo. First with all these illness and Staff infections and being scared of the hut tub it's diverted their attention to focus and intensity. Second, it's a big game with the Phins having the ability to take the division lead and it being on the road against a good NFC team we've just not proven to win those. I'm thinking 2-2 and we beat ourselves.

This team is 2-12 vs. NFC teams on the road since 1996. We are 1-3 coming off the bye the past four years. This team tends to flop when given the chance to gain a strong grip on the division lead. There are bad omens(I know, superstition is for the ignorant) as well, like the Dolphins facing the 32nd ranked defense, the Giants 1-5 record after the bye under Fassel, and Tiki Barber's penchant to fumble. These last three things have been brought up ad nauseum, like they are guarantees for a Dolphins' victory. If the Dolphins can win this game, they can exorcise a huge demon, that of winning on the road vs. the NFC and I think it will go a long way to help their confidence come December. But this game tomorrow will be a beast. Cross your fingers.(I know, finger crossing is superstitious)

Bopkin here's another omen. Friday October 3

Noteworthy: Wannstedt said practice wasn't sharp.... The Dolphins brought in ex-Florida State cornerback Tay Cody for a tryout this week.

Practice wasn't sharp the Thursday before Buffalo if I'm not mistaken (which I could be).

Who cares damn it. Streaks end.

A bad one for us last week.

A good one for us week 1 unfortunately.

After looking at the stats in the Giants wins all the games look to have been close stat wise. I have to admit I didn't see any of them. It seems though two of the three games the Giants lost stat wise and one they lost and the other a turnover was the difference.

I'm not sure how the NFC stacks up against the AFC but at first glance it would seem that the AFC is stronger with the likes of Denver, KC and Indianapolis - a game I'm really worried about. But the NFC seems to be a tighter division through out and the Giants beat an improving Washington team with a quarterback on the rise in Ramsey - it was in overtime though - and St. Louis - although with an apparently declining Kurt Warner.

I checked these stats in hopes of discovering the Giants were the weaker team but it seams they beat some pretty good teams. We beat a poor Jets team on the road and aBills team who was on fire at home.

I do think we can stop Tiki with 7 in the box because of team speed but I think with all the other passing weapons they have grounding their air attack will be the true test.

This game will be close but not for the same reasons the Bills game was close. The Bills always show up to play the Dolphins because of the rivalry and this game lacks that bitter hatred. Otherwise the matchup is close but they get the advantage in passing and we'll take the advantage in the running game and defense. Although they seem to have the potential to be great on defense as well, they just need to put it together.

There you go... my thoughts for what it's worth.

Back
Top Bottom