I love this mock- Take a look | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I love this mock- Take a look

Love him. The most natural pass catcher in the draft, bar none. Not the biggest or the strongest or the fastest, but he might be the smartest, he plays through the whistle, he's very fluid, athletic and graceful...and his blocking and strength are underrated.

He's a guy that should impact your offense immediately as a #2 pass catching Tight End. And what I say immediately, I'm not just saying that. He's the most batteries included Tight End in this draft, IMO.

Any chance he falls to third is-even though i kinda wish that third would be traded for Q?

I like this draft alot...We take care of 3 needs right off the bat..

Plus i like the 5th round comp pick..I would be stunned if we ended up getting a 5th rounder...

Hey CK, if Greg Hardy gets a good endorsement much like Vontae did last year and he's sitting there in the third round...what are the chances the Phins look at him?

None, because Hardy will not get a good endorsement. I've heard his coaches are killing him and finally being honest with the scouts about their trials with Greg Hardy over the years.

This is a pretty good draft. I would make some changes in the latter part of the draft.

In the fourth round, the Mitch Petrus pick is a pretty good pick and he would definately be the front runner to start at right guard (our only question mark on the o-line), but there is one player he has available I would snatch up in heartbeat if he would miraculously fall that far, and that person is Koa Misi. If he is sitting there in the fourth, I would waste no time and run to podium to hand the draft card in for him.

Another one that REALLY jumped out at me in the sixth round is CAM THOMAS, it would be an absolute MIRACLE if he lasted that long, but just say he did for arguement-sake. The guy who did this mock believes we would pass on him three times in the sixth round....and I say NO WAY in you-know-where would we do that.

I love the Joique Bell pick in the sixth (bye bye Lex Hilliard).

In the seventh round, he picks TE Nathan Overbay with pick 7A while Micah Johnson, Cameron Sheffield, CB Akwasi Owusu-Ansah, and WR Marcus Easley are still on the board, (now for arguement-sake) although I don't see none of them lasting this long, Johnson, Sheffield, AOA, and Easley are obvious better value picks than Overbay at this point and it is a no-brainer to draft one or use both of our seventh round picks on two of them. If we really need a TE at this point, than wait and use 7B to draft Overbay or sign him if he goes undrafted.

Although I love the prospect of drafting AOA, I would draft Cameron Sheffield and Micah Johnson if we had this far-fetched opportunity to do so.

I would love this draft. But the Patriots draft IMO is equally as good. Brandon Graham, Terrence Cody, Jahvid Best, and Brandon Lafell... But to come out of this draft with Dez Bryant and Jerry Hughes would do wonders for us.

This is who I would take with this scenario, that the draft site is giving.

1. Rolando McClain, ILB
2. Jerry Hughes, OLB
3. Demaryius Thomas, WR
4. Dennis Pitta, TE
5. Cam Thomas, DT
6A. Chris Cook, CB/FS
6B Cameron Sheffield, OLB
6C Micah Johnson, ILB
7A. Mike Kafka, QB
7B. Blair White, WR

I agree with some of the options CK choose. But I would jump on the best catching TE option in the draft in Pitta in the 4th Round. Demaryius Thomas in the 3rd is a steal (even after the injury). With this draft we are getting big, tough,physical, and athletic.

the thing is pitta looks like a potential 2nd round pick to me now...i wouldn't take him there but i can see someone doing it...and i'm not sure i like his long term upside enough to use that high a pick on him when i can have a gronkowski etc...instead

and maybe later

as for edds i'm not sure i'd want to use a 4th round pick on a situational guy either...on the fence there

but i think ck makes a good argument...

i do like cameron sheffield...if i can get him late i'm jumpin on that

No mock draft can be perfect and realistic, but this is one of my favorites that I have seen thus far.

it's easy to just look at all the picks after our pick each round and try and say "i would have waited on so and so"

i'm just gonna roll down this bad boy right now and say not even looking at who went after us and how long i could afford to wait on them who i would take all things being equal right now...

#12 dez bryant-done with wrs prayers answered
#43 jerry hughes wolb-best pure pass rusher in the draft
#74 jason worilds solb (shoulder???)
#111 cam thomas nt-in my value wheelhouse for him
#171 (comp) micah johnson ilb-thumper
#176 cameron sheffield olb-developmental olb with upside
#177 andrew quarless te-boom or bust
#182 chris cook cb/s-good press man skills

HooShoops

In a normal mock draft, I do not see a Chris Cook being selected in the 7th round. Also, I do not want to see us waiting until the late 6th or later to select a TE, where I view that as too much of a need. The meat of the TE market is in that 3rd to 4th round.

I do love Cam Thomas in the 4th and I agree with Jason Worilds shoulder issues. Believe me I had arthoscopic surgery in the shoulder twice and it still is not perfect. Not to mention I do not have to worry about 300 lb. lineman landing on me. He is one big hit or awkward landing away from popping that shoulder out of place again. Not fun. He will have to prove that shoulder will stay in place to be selected in the 2nd round as some people in this forum believe he will. I just do not see it. It is something he is going to have to deal with his whole career.

i doubt chris cook goes that late either but i wouldn't take him over any of the players i took at each pick...well maybe could swap him and quarless but that's about it for me...

i like quarless upside more than chris cooks

Back
Top Bottom