I love winning games... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I love winning games...

Mudder1310

Practice Squad
Reaction score
...but I'm wondering if this team wouldn't be better served in the long run to start playing its next generation now; guys like Turner, Tripp, and McCain in particular. Here's what I'm thinking. Trusnick, Wheeler, College, and Misi are as good as they can get, we know what they bring to the table. You can only develop so much in practice, real advancement happens in the game. So I'd like to see Turner at LG, Tripp at MLB and McCain at SLB right now. Develop those guys in real time right now while the risks are low. I mean from a practical standpoint Miami is a fringe playoff team.

Now I completely understand not doing this. First, as long as the team is winning/in the playoff hunt nothing radical is happening. No one is willing to go 6-10 and get fired for the sake of rookie development until it's clear thats how they'd finish anyway. I get it, totally reasonable. Still...the future is coming, why wait when there's little downside? The biggest practical reason is job security for coaching staff. The next best reason is if one of the players was flat out not physically up to the challenge and could get hurt.

Let me be clear, as long as we keep winning games and competing then do what you're doing guys. But I remember an interview with Troy Aikman that talked about the 1-15 trial by fire season and how it shaped that dynasty.

Turner possibly. But while we are still in the playoff mix it's wayyy too early to talk about inserting the likes of tripp and mccain as starters

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

McCain will make some mistakes here and there, but he makes up for it with energy, enthusiasm, and talent.

Why even think of that? We have a legit shot to win against hyena jests 2x, the bolts at home, the Vikings which gets us to 8. Pull out 2 vs the lions, patsies, broncos (I know, prob not), and the bills and we are at 10 and a legit playoff shot. That's not all out of the question. Misi's presence in the D is missed as we saw today.

Also, in your scenario, what if they all end up sucking? Wow, that'd be a waste of years. Screwing over legit nfl starters to try some experiment. Screwing over your fans.

Now I do say rotate them in during games like this. That'll help development as they get game film on themselves.

Back
Top Bottom