I need everyone to chime in on this one... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I need everyone to chime in on this one...

Noodle Arm said:
Is this your friend??
clear.gif

:tongue:
either that, or I was going to say... "I did not know Wanny had a son!"

Only a famly member could stick by Wanny with the crap he pulled.

I think you need to upgrade to a better class of friend.

This guy is a lobotomy candidate.

If Wanny's system works (and it doesn't) when has it ever worked (it hasn't).

Saban has done everything that could be asked of him. It will take a year or two but we will be better.

When he's done, have him pass the crack pipe my way. I'm gonna need some help digesting the crap he's shoveling!

:infins: :infins: :infins:

Steve

Krie30511 said:
He says that Wanny didn't have the right players for his "system"... and that Wanny's system works if he would've had the right players.... my argument is that he had the power to change all that why didn't he....

Wanny had no "system"... He put the D in a basic man to man. The only way that could work perfectly is if the opposing team had absolutly no mismatches anywhere on the field. Example - #1 CB would have to be better than the #1 WR, the #2 CB would have to be better than the #2 WR... and so on.

You cant fill the defense wit probowlers in the salary cap era to make that defense work. You need role players that just do their part in a defensive scheme.

Wanny never "schemed". He would run the same D every time. it didnt matter if he was goin against the Vikings (High power passing attack) or the Ravens (High power running attack). And we would simply get out coached when our team was full of talent.

Nasty

the biggest differences i see between wanny and saban are the coaching staff that saban has assembled, the defense wont just line up and play...it will have different looks and saban wont be conservative like wanny...to me that was wannys biggest fault...one more thing...saban seems like a great motivator...

Krie30511 said:
He says that Wanny didn't have the right players for his "system"... and that Wanny's system works if he would've had the right players.... my argument is that he had the power to change all that why didn't he....

Wanny share JJ's defensive philosophy, which was based on smaller quicker lb's w/ big D tackles to occupy the opposing oline. And Ricky fit wanny's "three yards and cloud of crap" (or whatever it was) philosphy to a tee. If he thinks Wanny didn't have "his" players he hasn't been paying attention at all.......

.....This team had an very good talent base for pretty much his whole tenure here, and he didn't take full advantage of it.......

Wanny was just never all that good. Look at what he did to our beloved Fins and AND previously to the Chicago Bears. Anyone's system will work if they have the perfect players for it. A great coach adapts to what he has. See- the great one- DON SHULA. He runs with running talent. He passes with a great QB.

Let me play Devils advocate for a moment. When Saban came in his number one priority was to reestablish the offense. In his first draft he chose five defensive players. We really did not sign any big name offensive players, just took back Ricky Williams and David Boston, two players who will hurt the team more than they will help it. Even though we drafted five defensive players Saban failed to adress the safety position and now it is looking like we will miss out on Lance Shulters.

Again, I really do not look at it like this. I love what Saban is doing but I can definatly understand why someone might not like him

Krie30511 said:

Are you talking about the run run pass punt system thats gonna help Pitt win the NCAA Champoinship or the 2 yard toss when its 3 and 15.

Krie30511 said:
As a HUGE fin fan I personally think what Saban and the organization have done this offseason has been great. I think, in the 15 years I've actually been paying attention to things of the offseason nature, this is one of the best. Now, I have a friend whos seated next to me who CLAIMS to be a huge fin fan yet he thinks Saban is garbage and thinks that what he's done this offseason is not going to improve this team what so ever. All because.... get this guys... HE LIKED WANNY... I almost peed in my pants when he told me this... But please guys help me out here in showing him that I'm not the only one with the opinon Saban is helping this organiztion....

Was your friend born in Chicago?

Is your friend's name Jimmy Johnson by any chance?

What part of 4-12 did your friend NOT understand?

Tell your friend that I like a lot of people, I just wouldn't want them coaching my Dolphins. Saban is a machine, Wanny was a broken record.

Wanny wanted to win his way, SABAN finds ANY way to win.

Saban reminds me a lot of Shula. If he has to pass 45 times to win then he will. Wanny would never do that.

Your friend's not too bright, but thank God your there to educate him!

GO PHINS!!!

Back
Top Bottom