I Need Help I Have Computer Problems!!!! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I Need Help I Have Computer Problems!!!!

The Beach Bum

Communication Artist, DSOA, WPB.FL
Reaction score
When ever i try to watch films of anything on the computer a weird box pops up and says the following :

Network Error: The file could not be played. Check to be sure you are still connected to AOL service. If you are, the computer that stores the file you were playing may be down or the network may be too congested to play the file at this time. Try again later.

I do not get this and the "computer genius" over here really wants to watch some phin video. Can someone please explain this to me is lame mans terms. Can you also give me simple terms how to fix/program it to let me watch video.

THANK YOU!!!!!!!!

dol_fan5434

I am curious if you have the right player installed. It could also be that your default player isn't the right player if you have downloaded more than 1. Videos are formatted to be played in 1 of the following three players: real player, windows media player, or the latest one DivX. If you have already downloaded all these players than right click the vid you want to watch and then select properties. That will open a window, in that window it will say "open with" and then have a button to change that. After you hit that button select another player this will change the format of the vid. Try all three players if none work than you are screwed my freind. Sorry if this wasn't your problem and i wasted all this time.

Sounds like it's some kind of connectivity or network issue. It could be that the server (the computer you were trying to get the videos from) was down or was being bombarded with requests from other computers (which severely hampered it's ability to "serve" you). Or they could have encountered some other problem on their network.

You were still connected to AOL, right?? If so, the problems you encountered were probably on THEIR end of the rope. Not yours. Nothing you can do about that (except swear and bang your fist against the desk).

I can sum your problems up into two words ... "America Online"... as soon as I saw the letters AOL in your post, I knew what the problem was.
Advice from someone in the industry...change ISPs.

Originally posted by WharfRat
I can sum your problems up into two words ... "America Online"... as soon as I saw the letters AOL in your post, I knew what the problem was.
Advice from someone in the industry...change ISPs.
amen to that. You can login to AOL and then open up Internet Explorer and browse to the web using a good browser - maybe that will help ?

Hey Wharf. You read my mind!! As soon as I saw "AOL", I did the same thing.

I agree. I'm also in the industry. Change ISP's if possible.

I also do sidework (housecalls and such). And it amazes me how many people have "AOL Broadband". What a sham!! They're basically paying $20 extra a month for something that they DO NOT NEED. Something that's most likely harming their system. I'll open up Internet Explorer and start navigating the Internet, and they'll say, "How'd you do that?? How are you on the Net without AOL??". lol. Amazing how these guys (AOL) have pulled the wool over so many people's eyes.

Muck-

LOL i also did the the same when i saw the letters AOL.I used AOL for the first few years of my internet sevice.I soon adopted the slogan AOLHell,because its got to be the upmost worst ISP i have ever used.I didnt think i could use the internet without aol at one time,due to my large buddy list and small internet skills.Later my parents switched to Earthlink(not that good,but better than AOL).I decided to use it even tho i was missing AOL(for some reason,tho i still hated it).Later i started reliezing AOL is a big waste of time and money,relizing how much it takes over your system and how much they rip people off with their "service" thats you can never use to its full potential.We later switched to bellsouth,and for about $10 cheaper i use the internet for its full potential and started using Internet Explorer and AOLIM(cant live without it now),and to hell with aol.All i need is a dialup service and AOLIM and im set.Now i think DSL is too expensive to use,but if they lower the price we'll consider it.Unfourtantely,my mom is computer and internet illiterate,and now all she will use is aol,even though i try to get her to use Internet Explorer.She refuses! Good thing i dont even bother to use aol.

Last edited by a moderator:
My mom is the same way. I have cable internet and have her computer networked (Thanks to Muck :) ) So, since she demanded AOL she got the "Bring your own access" thing with them. And she's like "AOL has so much stuff." And I'm like... yea... just like if you were to go to Yahoo! or the MSN homepage.

Oh well.. its her computer. I didn't argue... after all... its just something to prevent her to yelling "AJ! This stupid computer ain't workin!" LOL... oh well....

Back
Top Bottom