I need stat help again | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I need stat help again

Dajesus

Active Roster
Reaction score
We all know Farve has the reocrd for consecutive starts by a QB, but besieds the 3 games durring the strike Dan Marino didn't miss a game for 9-10 years. Does anyone know how many straight game Dan played in if you don't count the strike? I know he didn't miss 1 from when he took over for Woodly till he tore his achillies.

if you don't count the strike games, then he started 156 regular season games in a row and 166 games in a row if you count playoff games.

In other words: WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not bad for someone who couldn't get out of his own way. Another thing you never hear about Dan is his crazy span of like 2-3 seasons with out getting sacked. Does anyone know how long that went? That stat is simply amazing! Look at how many times Bledsoe and Carr have already gotten sacked this season alone.

ummmm, I believe he has the record for fewest sacks in a season with something like 6 or 7, but no QB has ever gone 16 games without beeing sacked at least once.

I am telling you he went in to a game in Buffalo in the early 90's with out being saced in at least 20 games. I am not sure if they over lapped seasons, but it was a long stretch.

Thats possible... but yeah, no player has gone an entire single season w/out being sacked.

Unfortunately my stat sources don't have sack's listed on them so I can't get the actual numbers without a bit of research... sorry.

Back
Top Bottom