I never watch the pre-season. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I never watch the pre-season.

Megatron

The POFO bully.
Reaction score
Been a Finfan for about 20 years now and I never watch the pre-season anymore. It's glorified scrimmages people, with little to no game planning. It's practice time where you can try stuff out and move players around to see where they might fit best. There's nothing on the line other than your roster spot, but most veteran players float through to avoid injury. They know better than getting hurt now. Also the games have no edge of needing the win, I just can't be bothered to watch meaningless football.

Now I am not what you'd call a Dolphins homer, hell I've been called negative on here more than once. I prefer to call it being realistic. Now I have said often that our talent level is too low to contend this year, that it will be a more developmental season for us. I don't see this as a bad thing but just the stage that our team is at right now. After five years of " we're one player away " thinking by management and coaches our drafted talent base has taken a nose dive that Coach Saban is just starting to pull us out of now. No shame in this, it's the cards we were dealt. So don't take the pre-season too seriously, there's plenty of time to get bent out of shape by the Denver game.

I hear what you are saying megatron. I enjoy watching the rookies compete, so I have an idea of what they can offer, and have a little insight when it comes to cut down day. Watching the rookies gives you an insight of what the future may hold for our team as well.

Fin Fan in Cali said:
I hear what you are saying megatron. I enjoy watching the rookies compete, so I have an idea of what they can offer, and have a little insight when it comes to cut down day. Watching the rookies gives you an insight of what the future may hold for our team as well.
I prefer to see the completed product for game one, and to see the rookies in a real game.

But it does give you the opportunity to see who is who... And to also get an idea of the system Saban is putting in place. I didn't get upset or overly happy with anything. I do like seeing improvements, and I feel I saw that. And I LOVE SABAN! He is always coaching, and to see him telling JT a joke was awesome! Preseason is about hanging with your bros, drinking a couple of beers, and to enjoy finally seeing aqua and orange running around on the field! Thank God a football is back!

I like to watch preseason just to get that ich out of me.
since feb i can't wait to see them play again. even if they don't look as
good as they should or can be.

Back
Top Bottom