I predicted this at the beginning of the season | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I predicted this at the beginning of the season

Bumrush

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
Pick up Griese and the QB controversy will explode on a fragile, gutless Wanny.

The Dolphins are going to implode. By brining in another starter to sit on the bench, Wanny invited a scenario that will take away focus on what needs to be corrected and focus on negative controversies that will not unite the team.

Bringing in Griese at this point of the year can be devastating. Our O line is playing like crap and Griese does not have the mobility to get out of the pocket or make plays with his legs. Fiedler has been disappointing, but this tidal wave of negativity is not going to help this team win. The game against NE was hard fought game that was lost when our All-Pro kicker CHOKED twice and our Pop Warner coach turned in to a coward when given the opportunity to nail a coffin shut on NE,

I said it before the season and now see the results. Do any of you trust Wanny to handle this with grace?? Does anyone in their right mind think we have the players in place to a win a Super Bowl??? Is Griese the savior or is he the same player whose job was on the line against Oakland last year and promptly threw 3 INTS in the first half??

Last edited by a moderator:
You haven't accurately predicted anything of the sort yet. It's Tuesday. No official word has been made. No "explosion" has occured.

And Wanny knew what could happen by picking up Griese. And yet he did it anyway because he thought it could strengthen the position. Hardly seems "gutless" IMO.

I agree. The team has to stay healthy to attain its goals. Griese is not a good fit for this team. He's another Rob Johnson who holds the ball far too long. If Fiedler misses a game then it should be because he's hurt but we cant allow a QB controversy to even start.

It might be easier to make a list of people who didn't predict a QB controversy in Miami.

Right now, I can only think of 3 people who'd be on such a list: Dave Wannstedt, Jay Fiedler, & Brian Griese.

Originally posted by Sherif
He's another Rob Johnson who holds the ball far too long.

Hey now, let's be nice.....Griese IS a former Pro Bowler, and while he might not be a great QB, comparing him to Rob Johnson is an insult. Rob Johnson sucks.

Kordell Stewart also made the Pro Bowl. Grain of salt. ;)

Originally posted by Sherif
I agree. The team has to stay healthy to attain its goals. Griese is not a good fit for this team. He's another Rob Johnson who holds the ball far too long. If Fiedler misses a game then it should be because he's hurt but we cant allow a QB controversy to even start.

i agree with this as long as our Oline is a bunch of premadonnas.

Griese took a LOT of hits last year with Denver. Some were not his fault, but I'm not sure your PP is any better than Denver's. When he gets hit, he throws INT's. But some lessons need to be learned the hard way which is what will probably happen here. On the other hand, if you do protect him, he's very good. Having the threat of RW is a heck of a start. But it does amaze me as an outsider how much hating on JF goes on on this board.

There is not controversy.....if fiedler produces.....then he starts.....if he doesn't we try something else.....winners are pro active........they take what belongs to them.......not sit around hoping things are going to turn out all right..or worry about controversy.............the controversy would happen if the coach flip flops.......either the "player" produces or you find someone who will!

Originally posted by Bumrush
Griese does not have the mobility to get out of the pocket or make plays with his legs.

Maybe but he can do it with his arm.

I've seen a guy before that couldn't make any play with his legs...

Back
Top Bottom