I remember a while back when.... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I remember a while back when....

finfan32 said:
please correct me if im wrong, but from hearing people talk, i thought the browns got rid of shelton for someone better? am i right or wrong?

Shelton seems to have one weakness, and even that is not very big, he does seem to at times have a problem with speed rushers, but with our O-line coach, a little better technique. He has enough power to hold his position, or move people, he is a very large man, so you might need a map to get around him. We had a chance to gat Shelton a while back, and everyone agreed he could be a big addition, well, he still can be.

I would still hope to get another tackle though, this would bring Carrey inside, and really make our O-line ready for this coming season.

DolfanChris06 said:
shelton is a good signing for us larry might be out of the question now that seth resigned
Shelton
James
Mckinney
Hadnot
Carey

I personally don't think Mckinney is going to be put in as the starting Center, at least not until Hadnot proves he can't handle it, and of what I've seen of Hadnot at Center, there is no way Mckinney will see the Center position again, unless Hadnot gets hurt.

finfan32 said:
oline still needs alot of work, thank god we have good coaching at that position.

Not as much work as some people think.

GCD960 said:
I think LJ was a huge signing. We have our LT for the next 5-7 years. It is LJs spot, we are not going to draft anyone to play there.

Allen would be huge. A lot of cowgirls think he still has something left but there was a rumor that we wanted to retire a few years back but wanted one more payday which i think he got so.......

LJ is not a long term solution. I would love for him to turn into one... but he just isnt that good.

If you people think our Oline is set, I would say your crazy.

Miamifin23 said:
It was a while ago when there was news that Saban wanted to address the QB situation in Miami and he wanted to make a huge addition on the OL. Well, he already got us our QB, I wouldn't consider L.J. Shelton a huge addition on the OL, do you guys think he might be waiting for the draft to do it? Or possibly a Larry Allen now?

LJ Shelton is a bigger addition than you give credit for, but Larry Allen, at his age and current playing level, would not be much of an addition...

If he acquires Arrington or some other bigger named addtion, that would make up for the non-addition to the OL in FA...and as you said, the draft is still ahead...

We added Kelly Campbell so we really are pretty good at WR...Saban has put the team in a great position...we could either take the best player on the board or trade down to acquire more picks...

Gunit1 said:
We added Kelly Campbell so we really are pretty good at WR...Saban has put the team in a great position...we could either take the best player on the board or trade down to acquire more picks...

I disagree. If Chambers ever got injured we'd be in deep. We need to spend a first day pick this year or next for some quality depth, with the potential to start down the road.

Back
Top Bottom