I still want....Insert name(s) | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I still want....Insert name(s)

I don't know, one guy like Corn Elder's balls and another guy likes Butt!

I don't know, one guy like Corn Elder's balls and another guy likes Butt!

funny....
meanwhile......

I like what the Fin's did with Tunsil converting OT/C into a guard...

OT DAVID SHARPE,OT CAMERON TOM,OT ADAM BISNOWATY

then give me RB AMAJE PERINE or RB JEREMY MCNICHOLS

JOHNATHAN FORD OR RAYSHAWN JENKINS

I'd love to see us land Jake Butt, however I think we may need to move into the 4th round.

A guard. Without trading up. There will be one in the fifth. David Jones, Safety, Richmond. Ryan Switzer, WR UNC. Jordan Leggett, TE, Clemson. Elijah Hood, RB, UNC. (Or Perine). Peterman, QB, Pitt.

don't trade up, please...take your picks...use em on guards/safeties....don't be afraid...bring me 5th round cornfed

In the fifth.

Aviante Collins at guard
Tedric Thompson at FS
Jake Butt or Jeremy Sprinkle at TE.

At this point, I'm a fan of continuing like we've done so far in staying put and use our three 5th rd picks on 2 Guards and the best available FS.

Here are some of my targets.

TE: We need a developmental TE with size.
Bucky Hodges (how is this guy still available?)
Eric Saubert (good developmental TE with a high ceiling and the tools to become a complete TE)
Jake Butt (good player in all phases of the game)

OL: We blew it by skimping on OL in free agency, and the draft dictated defense, but we at least need a couple of prospects because our OL is not good enough along the interior, and if Pouncey isn't full health that means all 3 interior positions.
Chase Roullier (he has the measurable to be a solid guard in a ZBS)
Sean Harlow (great genes, solid player, not quite as quick as we'd like, but looks like he can develop into a decent starting guard)
Cory Levin (small school prospect with good athletic traits)
-----------Below this line the prospects are likely to be gone before we select------------------
Isaac Asiata (highly doubt he is available in the 5th, but a nasty people mover)
Nico Siragusa (doubt he is available in the 5th, but a good athletic prospect)
Jordan Morgan (small school prospect with good tools)

CB: We played nickel 73% of the time or something last year (cannot recall the exact figure), so that means we're not a 43 team or a 34 team, but really a 425 team with 2 boundary CB's, 1 SS, and 2 other combo safeties/nickels ... and we don't have enough of those guys to cover the middle of the field.
William Likely (yes, he's short, we get it, but this kid is dynamite along the lines of a young Grimes without the baggage and how can anyone pass that up in the 5th round? Ultimate slot corner vs. the Edelman's of the league)
Corn Elder (good slot, but cannot keep up with the Edelman type ultra-quick slot receivers)

S: Great safety draft, and with Reshad Jones and McDonald we have 2 good SS's ... and still have no FS. I realize the Dolphins prefer to play combo safeties, let's be honest, we NEED a FS, and this draft still has some excellent ones available.
Eddie Jackson (Alabama stud was injured, but still kind of amazing he's still available. FS traits and untapped potential, this kid could be incredible)
Kai Nacua (yes he got into a fight, character flags, but look at his production, the kid had like 7 INT's last year and holds some record for the most INT's, and when you watch him, he is a very instinctive FS who can be very good with very good athletic traits ... if you can get him to buy in. I'd take a chance on greatness ... would you? Will the Dolphins?)
David Jones (small school kid with decent tools and good size who can play single high eventually)
Xavier Woods (good small school prospect with a little of everything. Not the finished article)
Weston Steelhammer (OK, I admit it, we don't need him, he's on this list because of the name. But seriously, how cool would it be to have a safety named Steelhammer? :D)

DL: Not sure we're going to take another DL, but if we do it will likely be a DT type ... still, there is talent available that I feel is worth considering regardless of position
Caleb Brantley (almost assuredly gone before the 5th, but a good prospect)
DJ Jones (NT prospect who would give us some flexibility next to Suh)
Deatrich Wise (DE type who has some athletic ability but has been an underachiever ... potential is there though)
Ejuan Price (Elvis Dumervil type of pass rusher. Niche kid, but he can have productivity in this league and will likely outplay his draft status)

LB: We probably will shy away from another LB, but the beauty of having three 5th rounders is that we can take BPA ... and there is definitely still talent on the board going into day three
Carl Lawson (pass rushing DE/OLB in the mold of Charles Harris ... but someone will get a real gem on day 3)
Anthony Walker (yes, stunning that he is still available)
Connor Harris (love this kid, he is an undersized, small school prospect. Yes he played at Lindenwood, no I don't know where that is, yes he is small ... but don't sleep on this kid, he is a stud LB who will start in the NFL. Hitter, fast, great instincts, leader, and has always been one of my underrated sleepers)
-------------------Below this line these guys are much lower end prospects but still have a legitimate shot to become a starter----------------------------------------------
Dylan Cole (good instinctive LB with enough athletic ability to make a roster and possibly start. He can lay the wood and has a great LB mentality. His floor is as a stud special teamer)
Matt Milano (Miami area kid with a ton of straight line speed and hitting ability ... but not great laterally and is a bit of a tweener between WILL and SS. No ball skills. Project, but an intriguing one)
Vince Biegel (what is this kid? He has some size and athletic ability with some pass rush skills, but might not be good enough to be a starting pass rusher. He has heart and leadership with good run stuffing skills for interior LB, but can't cover well and isn't as much of an instinctive fit. All in all, he is going to feel like a conversion kid wherever he plays, but he has tools and the right attitude, so he may be worth a flyer)
Ben Boulware (great production, good athletics, but at the end of the day many people aren't convinced he is or will be a good player. I list him because he really is one of those kids the scouts and I cannot quite figure out. Could he defy the odds? Maybe ... but I wish I knew that answer)
Ben Gedeon (he's the other guy in the same boat with Ben Boulware ... I'm just not sure about him)
Tanner Vallejo (can he make the jump? Decent prospect)
Calvin Munson (decent tools and an intriguing prospect)

I'm hoping we get a TE, FS, and 2 OL prospects from the remainder of the draft. The talent at TE and FS is too good to ignore, and while we may have missed the boat on OL, I'd still like to try.

My hope is that we can get a draft like this: 5th: OL Chase Roullier, 5th: CB William Likely, 5th: TE Eric Saubert, 7th: FS Kai Nacua. Those guys have a good chance of being available, and would fit us well.

Last edited by a moderator:
Jordan Morgan from Kutztown University, which is about 25 minutes from where I live, is worth a 5th rounder.

He was the division II offensive Lineman of the year. This kid only signed up for football because he needed the "enrichment hours (credits)" to graduate from high school.

Then he became a star....

http://www.sbnation.com/2017/4/26/15151090/jordan-morgan-2017-nfl-draft-kutztown

FWIW, Kutztown is the same school that produced Andre Reed and they actually had a first round pick in 1996 I believe, LB John Mobley who the Denver Broncos selected.

Kutztown's mascot is the Golden Bears but because they are situated in rural berks county a lot of people refer to them as the Fighting Amish.

OL - Jermaine Eluemenor or Ben Braden
TE - Jeremy Sprinkle or Eric Saubert
DT - DJ Jones or Stevie T
S - Nate Gerry or Rayshawn Jenkins

Louisville TE Cole Hikutini is certainly on my wish list. He could sit and learn behind JT and Fasano for a year while he tacks on the muscle he will need.

I think WR and RB might be completely off the list.

I agree with some posters that said we might need to take 2 OG's.

Guys I'm pounding the table for are Dorian Johnson (like everyone else) and Desmond King. Both of those guys will likely go very early today, wouldn't be shocked if they are both selected in the top 4 or 5 selections today. King would instantly upgrade the slot CB position.

Back
Top Bottom