I think everyone that wanted Gadsen out is gonna be hoping his bandwagon...... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think everyone that wanted Gadsen out is gonna be hoping his bandwagon......

juniorseau55

Go Fins
Reaction score
During the off-season this board was full of trash talk about Gadsen and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets us a step ahead than what our current passing game is at the moment. I heard in the radio that he will start as our third receiver and mc knight will be moved up to second.

I ain't backing down. He wanted too much many plain and simple.

Throw on top of it that he has held this team up for ransom not once but twice and I ain't even getting on the bandwagon.

Can I still be a fan of the team?

Originally posted by juniorseau55
...I heard in the radio that he will start as our third receiver and mc knight will be moved up to second.

Great news, but when? Do you have a link? I'm tired of seeing Derrius Drops 'Em out there. They need to give McKnight more playing time. Those three WR's produced well in 2001 w/o RW, so there's no reason they wouldn't be able to now with the 8 man fronts we're seeing.

Originally posted by ZOD
I ain't backing down. He wanted too much many plain and simple.

Throw on top of it that he has held this team up for ransom not once but twice and I ain't even getting on the bandwagon.

Can I still be a fan of the team?

I understand the frustration, but you have to realize that it's a business and he was trying to get his last big contract. He has to look out for himself and his family first of all. But all that aside...

WELCOME BACK OG! :D

Don't get me wrong here....

He's a "local boy done good". His high school is about 25 miles away.

I've read that he's great for the team in the locker room.

I'm happy for him.

But it still doesn't change the fact that he wasn't worth what he was asking for. So I won't shy away from offseason comments.

I just want is a #2 receiver that will catch some passes. I don't care what his name is.

I'm just afraid that OG is going to go out there and stub his toe in his second game and we'll be right back at square 1.

During the off-season this board was full of trash talk about Gadsen and I wouldn't be surprised if he gets us a step ahead than what our current passing game is at the moment. I heard in the radio that he will start as our third receiver and mc knight will be moved up to second.

I never talked trash about Gadsden because ive always been a Gadsden fan.. always will be. But i will be honest that in the off-season i did think his time was up. After the disappointment of Derrius im glad to see him back. I also believe he can give a boost to the offense because so many players wanted him back.

And what's wrong with that???

I know in preseason, I didn't want him back especially the way he went out last year like a BYaaatch. **** All the hype around how DT was a younger/ faster version OG. And how Tolver was phenominal and Simmons hadn't dropped a pass all preseason, was encouraging. not to mention Chris (whatever happened to him) Jackson and Kendall Newson. It seemed like we had a glut of talent. I know I was like why should we risk cutting our younger talent loose for some old greedy dude who seemed to drop some easy balls last year. I doubt anyone had the foresight to see that DT would've been this dissapointing and the offense would be this inneffective. I just hope OG + Feidler/Griese combo can spark the passing game and move the chains.

remember no matter how slow OG is he runs good routes, has great hands and has the knack of getting open. If we can get a safety or two respecting both Chambers and OG, then we have a better chance of getting Ricky going.

Re: Re: I think everyone that wanted Gadsen out is gonna be hoping his bandwagon......

Originally posted by MissMeth

I never talked trash about Gadsden because ive always been a Gadsden fan.. always will be. But i will be honest that in the off-season i did think his time was up. After the disappointment of Derrius im glad to see him back. I also believe he can give a boost to the offense because so many players wanted him back.

i think the biggest dig on Gadsen is that he appeared to many that he was simply being too greedy and not very appreciative of the opportunity afforded him!

I for one am sitting shotgun on the OG bandwagon....however; if he proves to be a spitting image of the cris carter we saw come in late last year, I will quickly hop off the bandwagon and firebomb the ever living **** out of it!

are you kidding me? OG held the team by ransom?!

as soon as he got hurt, they were ALL over carters nuts... he simply said i'll play the season hurt, but can i get a contract? and miami said it wasn't needed and they'd bring in CC. so he left. if anything Miami F'd orande over BIG time.

Our offense has been struggling big time.. That is why fans wanted to put Griese in to see if he could take this offense to another level.. The answer is "No".. Now many fans want a change at WR and want to see what Gadsden can do.. That is why most fans want to see him back...

Has nothing to do with jumping on "his" bandwagon.. Just with wanting ot see if this offense can do something

I could care less who talked trash and who didn't. If you're supporting the team and it's players, I'm certainly not going to worry about the past.

Back
Top Bottom