I think I know what game the Orange Jersey will be worn | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think I know what game the Orange Jersey will be worn

Ozzy

Premium Member
Reaction score
I went into the pro shop after practice only to see that the little cutie was not behind the register.

So I asked a man at the door where she was, he told me that a new company took over selling Dolphins gear, and she was moved to another location. So I asked if he knew when the Orange Jersey would come out. More than likely not until late November, so look for them to break it out against the Eagles.

I had the cutie put my name on a long list for one of them, and he told me there was no list in the back. I asked him if he was in charge he said yes, and then I said a list is a good idea. Well I'm now number one on the list :D

Originally posted by Ozzy

I had the cutie put my name on a long list for one of them

You made her put you on the wrong list. You should've told her to put you on her cut list.

Anyways, the Philly game seems to be the one. It's Monday night, the Duper/Clayton game, against a good team.. PERFECT game! :yes:

Remember, we busted out all-aqua at the '72 game, so look for the orange at the Mark's game.

Will these Orange jersey's end up being our Official jersey after those games? I think they were thinking about changing to all aqua this year, because I remember last year they had a poll on it..

I could use a change ;). I like the Orange too.

I wouldn't want to mess with tradition, and the Dolphins have always had aqua jerseys, I hope we keep it that way. However, I think the orange jerseys will be cool.

Now it's for sure

I was there on Sat. in the afternoon, and asked about the Jersey again, this time he gave more details.

First of all they already have the Jerseys in stock, but the Dolphins are the ones holding out on us.

Second he told me that as of now they will release them to the public the day after the Philly game, which is in fact the game they will be worn.

I think this is a big mistake, because if for some reason we don't like them when we see them, we won't buy them.

They better hope this don't backfire on them........

Re: Now it's for sure

Originally posted by Ozzy
I was there on Sat. in the afternoon, and asked about the Jersey again, this time he gave more details.

First of all they already have the Jerseys in stock, but the Dolphins are the ones holding out on us.

Second he told me that as of now they will release them to the public the day after the Philly game, which is in fact the game they will be worn.

I think this is a big mistake, because if for some reason we don't like them when we see them, we won't buy them.

They better hope this don't backfire on them........

Personally I think that is the best strategy, Marketing-wise. It is more likely that a fan WOULDN'T buy the jersey based on it looking "funny" if they were released early and they just checked them out on the rack. It is something the fans aren't used to.

On the other hand... if they flood the channels with them immediately following a big Monday Night game under the lights where the fans see their idols wearing them, they are more likely to rush out and purchase them on a whim, rather than making a conscious decision of whether they like the way they look or not. that is what being a "fan" is all about, and the marketing guys know this.

Back
Top Bottom