I think it's time to move on | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think it's time to move on

yankeehillbilly said:
Get a clue dude! You actually defend Ricky by saying that all our other backs are nothing but question marks????? Ricky is the biggest question mark of ALL TIME! Its kinda hard to dominate defenses when you are sitting in a tent in Australia. Or sitting at home on suspension for testing positive again.
As for your last line....Im pretty sure its against TOS, but if anyone should do what you suggest, it should be you.

I agree 100%

JJT said:
GROW UP, MOVE ON, GET OVER IT....Gordan, Harris, Morris, and even Brown are at this point Nothing but QUESTION MARKS. We have no f**king clue what they will provide as players.

Question marks yes. The one thing we do know about them is THEY WON'T QUIT 2 WEEKS BEFORE TRAINING CAMP!

JJT said:
But we do know for a fact that Ricky williams has the ability to dominate a defense, even behind a sh*tty offensive line. What RB (besides Barry) in the history of the NFL has ever put up the kind of numbers Ricky has put up w/o a dominating offense line paving the way for him. Hmm... lets see, ZERO!!!!!

He WAS dominant...WAS. He has taken a year off and lost 40 LBS. He obviously does'nt have desire to play the game. He needs the money...he's Mike Tyson.

What did Ricky's "domination" do for us? 0 playoff appearences in 2 seasons...if that is domination I'd hate to see what mediocer is.

B.T.W....Walter Payton played behind some O-lines that were worse then anything Sanders and Ricky did for 2/3's of his career.

JJT said:
We have no idea what Ricky and Ronnie together could do behind even just an average O-line. I REPEAT, WE HAVE NO IDEA. Does anyone know why we don't know.....Because this kind of talent has never been assembled before. Never in the history of this leauge has there been more potential talent in one backfield....NEVER!!!! So be Grateful, be Proud and shut the F*CK UP!!!!! :rofl3:

I'd take the 1988 Bengals backfield, or the '72 Dolphins, or the '76 Steelers etc.

At least you did'nt have to worry about any of their running backs quitting.

I've said this 1,000 times since Ricky "announced " he'd return (somewhat presumptuous on his part since he still has to make the team). I'll cheer for him because of the JERSEY he wears not the person or player he is.

If he busts a 60 yarder against the Patriots I'll be happy because it leads to team success.

I will NEVER cheer him on as the player he is and I will NEVER trust him.

I'd be just as happy if I never heard his name again to be honest.

There are a ton of people on this board who feel like I do...don't tell us how we should feel. We all feel the same....betrayed, pissed, bitter etc.

I feel the same about Ricky as Saban does....use him for what we can get out of him but DO NOT hitch the franchise to his betraying a$$ ever again.

Nicky Napoleon said:
Wow your post just summed up the reason I support birth control. Every Dolfan has an absolute reason to hate Ricky Williams, some choose to forgive and some (myself included) don't. Are there some question marks about the running game, some say yes, however I am sold on Ronnie Brown and have been for about 2 years. I dont want Ricky Williams anywhere near the team, because it WILL cause a divide in the locker room just like it has on this board. Most people are good about expressing their thoughts with out using "GROW UP, MOVE ON, GET OVER IT, and shut the F*CK UP!!!", but then there are the few that feel the need to throw out the phrases to cover up for lack of vocabulary. I dont have a problem with people saying that they are OK with Ricky, all I as well as most ask is that the same courtesy be extended to opposing views.
clear.gif

:up:

Marino1983

duss12 said:
How can you be sold on a player that has never played a damn down of NFL football.. Remember Kijana Carter or Curtis Enis???
How can YOU be sold on a player who basically told anyone connected to the Dolphins to go screw themselves last season??
:angry:

Marino1983

kingnate85 said:
Funny how nobody else left because of Wannstedt even though he was their coach too. I'd like to move on and stop wasting my time on Ricky Williams too but people like you just keep on bringing it up. You go right ahead and forgive him but don't you start telling me to.

You are wise years beyond your age.

Youd rather him go to another afc team and beat us?

duss12 said:
I am talking here to everyone still adressing ricky has a deserter...

I am not here to make any excuse for him.. he left the team but it was not because he hated the city or his job he left because he had an addiction and he saw again this year it was going to be wad wanny ball.. it was not meant to piss off the fans or disrespect anyone he just felt he needed time away

If he wants to come back and the league and coaches allow him to be back great!!! if he makes a positive contribution to the team even better

I think it's time to forgive and move on with the flow

With all his complaints about not being able to do what he wanted to do, and feeling so 'free' after he retired, it sure sounded to me like he hated his job.

duss12 said:
How can you be sold on a player that has never played a damn down of NFL football.. Remember Kijana Carter or Curtis Enis???

ok, I remember them...... and what Ricky did.

JJT said:
GROW UP, MOVE ON, GET OVER IT....Gordan, Harris, Morris, and even Brown are at this point Nothing but QUESTION MARKS. We have no f**king clue what they will provide as players. But we do know for a fact that Ricky williams has the ability to dominate a defense, even behind a sh*tty offensive line. What RB (besides Barry) in the history of the NFL has ever put up the kind of numbers Ricky has put up w/o a dominating offense line paving the way for him. Hmm... lets see, ZERO!!!!! We have no idea what Ricky and Ronnie together could do behind even just an average O-line. I REPEAT, WE HAVE NO IDEA. Does anyone know why we don't know.....Because this kind of talent has never been assembled before. Never in the history of this leauge has there been more potential talent in one backfield....NEVER!!!! So be Grateful, be Proud and shut the F*CK UP!!!!! :rofl3:

Im with ya......but this issue has just been beaten to death. AJ Feeley and RW are two topics that just need to be laid to rest. Atleast until the start of Training Camp.

Whatever can be said, has been said....

Whoever gets addicted to weed is a weak minded jackass.

You want that on your team? Weed isn't addictive. I think we (people) have been over this before. You don't NEED it. Would I like some right now? Yeah, but I'll get by tonight without it with no problem.

Nope

duss12 said:

I am not here to make any excuse for him.. he left the team but it was not because he hated the city or his job he left because he had an addiction and he saw again this year it was going to be wad wanny ball.. it was not meant to piss off the fans or disrespect anyone he just felt he needed time away

If he wants to come back and the league and coaches allow him to be back great!!! if he makes a positive contribution to the team even better

The sole reason Ricky MAY be coming back is for money and money alone. He owes $4400 per month in child support, plus having to establish a $300,00 trust fund and he owes the Dolphins 8.5 mil. He's selfish and can't be trusted. I don't ever want to see him in a Dolphins uni again. I would rather go 4-12 again than have him back.

duss12 said:

Ya know, I was thinking the same thing...maybe more like "if he decides to return, we'd take him back so what is the point in complaining/arguing...but then Steinberg came out with that remark about "Why would the Fins only pay Ricky the $540,000" and I got all fired up again...I think he should be grateful to be able to come back and take his medicine for this year, make a comeback and then worry about a new contract...

I'm not against RW coming back to the Fins, but only because I want to see us get whatever we can in value for him (whether that be playing for us this year and then traded or whatever). But if this turns into a contract squabble, it'll really ruffle most fans feathers...mine included...

lets not forget about 3 other dolphin runnig backs that left the team in 1975 for the memphis southmen of the wfl. csonka, warfield, and kiick. zonk returned a few years later but was never the same.

Back
Top Bottom