I think our schedule is a blessing in disguise... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think our schedule is a blessing in disguise...

FinaticalOne

DieHard FinFan 4 Life
Reaction score
....for our offensive line.

We have a tough schedule to endure, no doubt, but considering the questions we had going into the preseason with our o-line and d-line. I think our d-line questions have been answered with the emergence of O-Gun and D. Bowens, and he additions of L. Chester, R. Burnett and J. Williams. The regular season schedule is giving us a few extra weeks to smooth out the wrinkles on our o-line, giving them some extra time to gel.

Det. - Fifth preseason game
Indy - Unfortunate injuries to the DT's is our benefit, and should
be a good day for our o-line to gel some more. Should be
a tough game nonetheless, especially for on defense.
NYJ - Our first real test, with John Abraham, their rookie DE
and J. Ferguson should be a stiff test from a pass rush
point of view, but our running game shouldn't be challenged
until week 5. Division game, always tough and a MUST WIN!
K.C. - A decent (not gooddefense against the run and pass.
Vermeil didn't make many changes in the off-season.

**** By this time our o-line should be ready for the rest of
season. That's four extra weeks for our o-line to gel
before they began to be tested week after week.

N.E. - Here we go now. This is when the schedule gets
interesting. A defense that will challenge our o-line.
they are not a dominating defense, but Belichick comes up
with great schemes. Division game, always tough.
Den.- Another tough test. This will be the toughest defense
we will face, IMHO. They are a very underrated defense
this year, but believe me they have a very good defense.
Buff - Divsion games are always tough.
Bye - worst case scenario 4-3, best case scenario 7-0 :D , we will
be much closer to the latter, IMO.
GB - The second toughest D we will face all season.
NYJ
Balt
SD
* These next 5 games will define our season and challenge this teams character.

Buff
Chi
Oak
Minn
NE

The only point I'm trying to make is that our o-line hasn't been truly tested yet, but the schedule is giving them time to gel before they begin to be challenged serioulsy. :evil:

GO FINS!!!!!!

I hear you and see where your coming from..but I don't like the 6 days between in the 2 nd part of the season..this is concern for injuries and allows one day less for recovery...we might lose games due to injuries, more than due to schedule..guys can be playing hurt in those games, when in fact if they had that one extra day to get ready might play with more confident and strenght..I don't know what the NFL is trying to do to Miami..but it's not funny...Those last 5 games almost look like season ending killers..if they injury free, I have no problem with them,,but if we're nick up...We're in for long season.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
I hear you and see where your coming from..but I don't like the 6 days between in the 2 nd part of the season..this is concern for injuries and allows one day less for recovery...we might lose games due to injuries, more than due to schedule..guys can be playing hurt in those games, when in fact if they had that one extra day to get ready might play with more confident and strenght..I don't know what the NFL is trying to do to Miami..but it's not funny...Those last 5 games almost look like season ending killers..if they injury free, I have no problem with them,,but if we're nick up...We're in for long season.

Very good point. I agree with you on that.

You can probably add San Diego to those last 5.....it looks like Baltimore is the only sure win (it'll be a revenge thang) out of the final 8....

So get out your voodoo dolls, dance around the fire in the moonlight, sacrifice a Buffalo (:evil: ),Pray to Allah, Buddha, Jehovah, Jesus, David Koresh, Rush Limbaugh or whoever lights your wick but, ask for NO INJURIES!!!....................and don't forget to say please.

Back
Top Bottom