I think Saban will trade out of 1st pick. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think Saban will trade out of 1st pick.

DBoston80 said:
I'm always good for one;) ....

..how bout this?? If a player he wants is there at 16 he takes him...If not he trades down if he finds the right deal...

Man can I ever debate!! :evil:

Sounds good to me....debate away.:sidelol:

fishypete said:
We can't?

He meant to say, It would be stupid too, considering Cutler will be a great NFL quarterback, and what a hard time we've had with the scrubs we've found since Marino.

definatly not trading down, theres some good defensive guys to gte early and then possibly a qb later

I love how everyone talks like its nothing to trade down... First of all you have to have someone who is willing to trade up... this isnt always a guarantee... couple that with making sure its a fair trade and I think its more unlikely that we trade the pick.

i prefer tradin 1st for 2 2nd and one 3rd

we can get a steal qb later olsen

I would agree that last year would have been a good year to trade down because the talent was even through the second round and we could have drafted two or even three players of equal value by trading down but we drafted R.B. who was the BPA .There was little interest in trading up for the same reasons.

This year I think we can still get a player thats elite.If there is no player that convinces the Dolphin powers to be then a trade down may be in order.But I have a feeling they will go for the BPA this year.

I'd move down but not out of the 1st round.if we move down into the 20's then I can see Nick taking Landry in the 1st round as I think 16 is high for him.Then in the 2nd we could take a LT and a LB or a QB like Jacobs maybe? He seems like a reach but he does have the potential to be very good and with an extra pick then why not? Then in the 3rd we can get whatever position we didn't get..either LB or LT or QB if not Jacobs.

Ozzy rules!! :rockon: :guitar:

BlueFin said:
You can't really form an intelligent opinion on this subject until you know who will be available at our pick.

Sometimes two picks are not better than one, we thought Yimmie knew talent as well when he traded down and got John Avery & (a receiver who flopped in the 3rd round...name?) instead of Randy Moss had we stayed put.

If a true impact player slips to 16, I'd rather have that than two shots in the second round on players with some question marks.
If JJ had stayed put he was gonna take Vinnie Holliday at that spot.He traded down cos he didn't think Holliday was gonna be there...he didn't want Moss from the start and he said so before and after the draft.Not saying I agreed with him but he wanted Holliday and not Moss.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

Danny said:
If JJ had stayed put he was gonna take Vinnie Holliday at that spot.He traded down cos he didn't think Holliday was gonna be there...he didn't want Moss from the start and he said so before and after the draft.Not saying I agreed with him but he wanted Holliday and not Moss.

Ozzy rules!!
:rockon: :guitar:

Doesn't matter, the point was what options you have or had, not what decisions someone made in the past.

the wide reciever was Larry shannon From ECU. Jimmy still says shannon had better tools than moss.

I don't know about trading out of the first round. #16 is a good spot to catch potential "10 ten" players that took a slight drop due to unexpected rises(see cutler) or last minute concerns,or teams that always seem to reach(see atlanta).

i'm not saying Hawke or Young willfall this far. But a couple other players might.

Back
Top Bottom