I think there are dumber things than Feeley offer... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think there are dumber things than Feeley offer...

Yes, the Redskins made a dumb move with Brunnell. But at least he is more talented than Feely. Although they've mortgaged their future, at least they got a good QB out of it.

Yeah Brunell was beat out by a rookie.

Are you that sure that Feeley is that horrible? Just wondering about your criteria where Brunell is that far ahead of Feeley...

Originally posted by eltos_lightfoot
Yeah Brunell was beat out by a rookie.

Are you that sure that Feeley is that horrible? Just wondering about your criteria where Brunell is that far ahead of Feeley...

Brunnell was beat out by a rookie because his coach wanted to rebuild the team. Brunnell is ahead of Feely because Brunnell has led his team to the AFC Championship game. He has won playoff games and he can still play at a high level. Feely has demonstrated none of those traits as yet.

Originally posted by MïâMì-ÃÂø|ƒäÑ
brunnel has been playing for quite some time... feeley, well he seems pretty new to me.... thats liek comparing marino, and rivers....

No, it isn't, because Marino is retired and Rivers is a rookie. Feely is 27 and Brunnell is 33. At 27, Brunnell had been a starter for 4 years and taken his team to an AFC Championship game. At 27, Feely has started FIVE GAMES.

Originally posted by Rick 1966

No, it isn't, because Marino is retired and Rivers is a rookie. Feely is 27 and Brunnell is 33. At 27, Brunnell had been a starter for 4 years and taken his team to an AFC Championship game. At 27, Feely has started FIVE GAMES.

Feeley isn't even 27 yet.

And the argument about Feeley's experience is not even all that solid, considering many QBs in his kind of situation have succeeded in the past. There's no reason to think it can't happen here.

i say bring feeley on..............i mean could a quarterback do any worse than fiedler did? we can only go up from there guys......nothing to fear

Name what team would trade a young QB who has experience and is a proven winner. The closest thing to that would have been Ramsey but hes not available. I like Feeley and think he will do good. I hope we will grow to love him as much as the Eagle fans have which would be a change from our "love" of Fiedler.

No, it isn't, because Marino is retired and Rivers is a rookie. Feely is 27 and Brunnell is 33. At 27, Brunnell had been a starter for 4 years and taken his team to an AFC Championship game. At 27, Feely has started FIVE GAMES

Rick.... Rick..

WHY did Feely start only FIVE GAMES?

WHO did he back up???

It's unfair to bust this kid's balls because he's only started FIVE GAMES because he's backed up one of the best damn Quarterbacks in the NFL.. Period..

Brunnell was beat out by a rookie because his coach wanted to rebuild the team. Brunnell is ahead of Feely because Brunnell has led his team to the AFC Championship game. He has won playoff games and he can still play at a high level. Feely has demonstrated none of those traits as yet.

Of course he is.. But again I ask HOW is Feely supposed to demonstrate these potential traits when he's sitting the pine behind McNabb forever???

Sorry, but the Eagles are McNabb's team... REGARDLESS of who his backups are.. Why did Feely start five games?? Again, because McNabb is the face of the Eagles.. Feely could have started 10 games and went 10-0, with 20 touchdown passes and five picks, yet when McNabb came back the team was his.. Bar None..

You MISS THE POINT. One has to believe you miss it on purpose as I've repeated it so often.
It ISN'T that Feely MIGHT turn out to be a good QB...I've never argued that the possibility didn't exist.
It's the RISK you're taking. There is absolutely NO evidence to support the argument that Feely is the next Tom Brady or whoever. He played six games, and while yes, that's because he's backing up Donovan McNabb, he DIDN'T PROVE ANYTHING IN THOSE GAMES. He played okay, not great, against non-playoff teams and lost to the one playoff team he faced.
This is NOT evidence that he is worth the money and draft pick spent on him.

Back
Top Bottom