I think we can get alot of pressure on Manning Sunday | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think we can get alot of pressure on Manning Sunday

finfan54

Active Roster
Reaction score
With Glenn, Adams, Diem all hurting i think we can put some serious pressure outside and inside. I think we can expect some turnovers in this one for sure. I think the potential for manning to get his butt kicked is pretty good in this one and the south florida heat will be bearing down. your going to see some serious Seau trying to cut EDge james lanes off.

I think your going to see some 4WR sets in this one and i think they will move the ball sometimes, but when it tightens up down in the red zone is where Manning has always failed here in miami. this defense is too loaded, too stingy, and too much right on the same page with one another to be letting PM have his way all day.

Originally posted by finfan54

but when it tightens up down in the red zone is where Manning has always failed here in miami.

Don't forget that both of his victories over Miami, 37-34 in 1999 and 20-13 in 2000, have come at Miami. Funny, isn't it? He's never beaten the Dolphins at the RCA Dome.

the Colts have allowed only 4 sacks and Manning has thrown for 15 TDs and only 5 INTs. This will be a huge test of our D, especially OGun and JT. The key is going to be stopping or controlling the Dolts running game. If we can get them in obvious passing situations, we s/b get pressure - if not sacks - on Manning; otherwise, if let the Colts dictate to us, they will score more pts than our O has shown the ability to score.

what we need to do is break Manning's jaw again, it'll make him think hes back in the RCA dome...

about to lose.

I just hope we won't be beaten by a lot of draws or screen to James since Taylor always opens lane by trying to beat the tackle outside.

Originally posted by dolphan39
the Colts have allowed only 4 sacks and Manning has thrown for 15 TDs and only 5 INTs. This will be a huge test of our D, especially OGun and JT. The key is going to be stopping or controlling the Dolts running game. If we can get them in obvious passing situations, we s/b get pressure - if not sacks - on Manning; otherwise, if let the Colts dictate to us, they will score more pts than our O has shown the ability to score.

yeah but our defense is the best in coverage which means coverage sacks. Either he has incomplete passes or he has to wait and be patient for recievers to get open. The quick dump off stuff will ussually get stuffed or not back breaking. We have not let a play over 12 yards or something is that not correct? that is the only way i see manning getting in the endzone, with the long play. with their Oline banged up, i can see it happening.

based on the SD game, I would expect to see EJ gets the ball in the flat alot just like LT did since - like u said - there will be no one downfield open so they will need to dump it off. That will work fine for our D since they are really looking to stop the big play and avoid have someone like Marion or Thomas locked up 1-1 w/Harrison

Based on the SD game? Nothing about this game should be based on the SD game. What similarities do you see between the Colts and the Bolts, other than they both play 11 on O, D, and ST?

LT and Edge different in style, shape, and speed (yeah, I'll admit that LT is quite a bit faster) and that is the closest comparison between the two offenses.

San Diego has David Boston and who, Tim Dwight?

Try Reggie Wayne and the best WR in football today. Oh yeah, your boys know how to stop Marvin, hold, hold, hold. Here's hoping the refs call a fair game and don't give you the traditional Shula Bias.

Manning is having the best year he's ever had, and he's already the only QB to ever throw for 4000 yards 4 years in a row. He's always stuggled more against you guys more than against any other team, so that means he'll have what, only 250 yards and 2 touchdowns this weekend? And putting pressure on him may prove more difficult than you anticipate. As was mentioned, 4 sacks is all. Glenn is supposed to be back, and Freitas, his sub, has not allowed a sack in two games, one against Carolina.

You better hope that BG plays his butt off, and YOUR Ricki Lake...errr, Williams runs like the wind, cause if the Dill-fans score less than 21 points, your driving home with a loss.

Originally posted by TheMugwump
Based on the SD game? Nothing about this game should be based on the SD game. What similarities do you see between the Colts and the Bolts, other than they both play 11 on O, D, and ST?

LT and Edge different in style, shape, and speed (yeah, I'll admit that LT is quite a bit faster) and that is the closest comparison between the two offenses.

Try Reggie Wayne and the best WR in football today. Oh yeah, your boys know how to stop Marvin, hold, hold, hold. Here's hoping the refs call a fair game and don't give you the traditional Shula Bias.

Manning is having the best year he's ever had, and he's already the only QB to ever throw for 4000 yards 4 years in a row. He's always stuggled more against you guys more than against any other team, so that means he'll have what, only 250 yards and 2 touchdowns this weekend? And putting pressure on him may prove more difficult than you anticipate. As was mentioned, 4 sacks is all. Glenn is supposed to be back, and Freitas, his sub, has not allowed a sack in two games, one against Carolina.

You better hope that BG plays his butt off, and YOUR Ricki Lake...errr, Williams runs like the wind, cause if the Dill-fans score less than 21 points, your driving home with a loss.

Harrison will get his yards. i still think wayne hasnt proved himself against a good defense unless he did some things against carolina. i dont really remember him doing much in that game ( i watched from time to time).

But the thing with Indy against the fins is that the fins traditionally have let peyton come down the field only to stifle him in the red zone. I dont base anything on the SD game. this will be a totally diff game. But i like the miami heat in this one with JT/seau/zach coming alive.

Oh yeah, your boys know how to stop Marvin.....

When was the last time you stopped the Dolphins, period??

Stop whining. Admit that Sam Madison is Marvin Harrison's kryptonite. Sam owned him in 2001 before he left the game injured. And when they moved Sam over on Harrison last year, Marvin got shutdown. So you best put Marvin on Surtain. Oh right, Surtain doesn't have a knee injury this year and is playing at an all-time high.

Manning is having the best year he's ever had.........He's always stuggled more against you guys more than against any other team, so that means he'll have what, only 250 yards and 2 touchdowns this weekend?

And don't forget 2-3 INTs. In our last 3 meetings, Manning has 4 TDs and 8 INTs. Heck, in our last TWO meetings, Manning has 1 TD and 6 INTs. He's also averaging 238 yards passing in those last 3 games. So Peyton has been far from dominant.

Heh, you'll be lucky to get over 21. Take that to the bank. Meanwhile, I have no doubt we will score more than that.

16000 passing yards in 4 years, now thats impressive.:lol:

so does Edge plan to play at all this year or is he just going to keep collecting his checks on the sidelines? :confused:

Well, considering he had broken bones in his back, I guess I'll cut him some slack on missing a few games.

He's planning on playing this week though, and with the game in SoFlo, I'm guessing he's pumped.

And if you think he won't be a factor, he had 100 yds rushing just last week. Ricky last did that when, 6 weeks ago?

Surtain and Madison better have healthy hands, so they can clutch Reggie and grab Marvin. Otherwise the score could get ugly.

And speaking of clutching and grabbing, what's the over/under this week on defensive holding calls on the Dil-funs? I say 4.

We'll see. It is always a good game. This time though, the results should be different. Either way, I'll be here on Sunday evening to gloat or eat crow, whichever the case may be.

An aggressive defense is definitely the key to beating the Colts. As long as Manning is off balance, the long ball won't be a threat. Your D seems to stack up well against the Colts, and I expect to see a really good game tomorrow.

Lots of Dolphins fans in Titans world this weekend, although next weekend will be a different story.

Kick some Colts butt!

Back
Top Bottom