I think we're all getting a little carried away here! | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think we're all getting a little carried away here!

phatmatt said:
Now don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of what has happened so far since Saban has taken over and I am pleased with how we made out in the draft (especially with our 1st three picks) but I don't think we should be making any statements about Roth being the SOD or Ronnie getting 2000 all purpose yards or Crowder outplaying Zach this year (or next year or the year after for that matter).

While all three picks are talented they have done absolutely nothing in the NFL yet. A list a mile long could be made of all the 'promising draft picks' teams have had over the years that never panned out. Optimism is good but let's stay in check here.....training camp hasn't even begun and we WERE the second worst team in the league last year (record wise at least).

Again, don't take this post the wrong way because I personally feel that the 4-12 fins last year could have done a lot better and I'm also confident that this years team is a cut above the 2004 version. All I'm trying to say is that until Nick and Co. at least get their first win of the season let's not make any brash predictions. Making these bold statements can sometimes lead to dissapointment (case in point, when Boston was first signed how many people thought we were going to get better?......or another example, i remember reading this forum last off-season and look how things turned out).

I hope this doesn't sound too pessimistic because I am very excited for the upcoming season, I just think that these 'reminder' posts are needed every once in a while.

it's always good to aim high in goals and expectations...

Yeah were probably not going to win but a couple games next year. Us and San Fran should have a pretty good year fighting it out to see who gets the 1st pick next year. Feeley sucks and we have no back up. We drafted a backup running back with the # 2 pick, when didnt you know McPherson was still on the board. What where we thinking passing on him with the #2. Our Defense is still pretty old, and we did lose our best cover corner. We dont have a solid Saftey, and we are going into next year with the same line we had last year.

I'm really excited about this upcoming year. WOO HOO. :shakeno:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I suppose you would rather see posts like this than posts that are predicting we go 13-3 right? The fun of starting a new year is you never know what is going to happen. We might go undefeated just as such we might not win a game. You never know what is going to happen. People tend to find the bright spot in change from year to year, so we become optimistic about the upcoming year. I know you are saying we need to stop these posts about us going to the superbowl, but on the same hand we have just as good of a chance as any other year. Last year was bad enough let people get excited for a little while before you bring them all down.

phatmatt said:
Now don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of what has happened so far since Saban has taken over and I am pleased with how we made out in the draft (especially with our 1st three picks) but I don't think we should be making any statements about Roth being the SOD or Ronnie getting 2000 all purpose yards or Crowder outplaying Zach this year (or next year or the year after for that matter).

While all three picks are talented they have done absolutely nothing in the NFL yet. A list a mile long could be made of all the 'promising draft picks' teams have had over the years that never panned out. Optimism is good but let's stay in check here.....training camp hasn't even begun and we WERE the second worst team in the league last year (record wise at least).

Again, don't take this post the wrong way because I personally feel that the 4-12 fins last year could have done a lot better and I'm also confident that this years team is a cut above the 2004 version. All I'm trying to say is that until Nick and Co. at least get their first win of the season let's not make any brash predictions. Making these bold statements can sometimes lead to dissapointment (case in point, when Boston was first signed how many people thought we were going to get better?......or another example, i remember reading this forum last off-season and look how things turned out).

I hope this doesn't sound too pessimistic because I am very excited for the upcoming season, I just think that these 'reminder' posts are needed every once in a while.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Back
Top Bottom