I think you guys are getting what you want. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I think you guys are getting what you want.

Losman7

Greater of 2 Evils.
Reaction score
Kind of.

With the Redskins trade it would make too much sense for them to trade up and get one of the WR's. The logical partner would be you guys.

Maybe.

Lets get crazy, #2 overall for both Redskin 1sts, maybe some later picks going each way, maybe a player...Then Surtain, the Broncos pick and a 3th for the 8 from AZ.

Or Surtain and the 25 and a fourth for the 15?

just stirring the pot. :evil:

Losman7 said:
Kind of.

With the Redskins trade it would make too much sense for them to trade up and get one of the WR's. The logical partner would be you guys.

Maybe.

Lets get crazy, #2 overall for both Redskin 1sts, maybe some later picks going each way, maybe a player...Then Surtain, the Broncos pick and a 3th for the 8 from AZ.

Or Surtain and the 25 and a fourth for the 15?

just stirring the pot. :evil:

It does sound very nice tho.

Doubt it. I really think they want Jason Campbell. The theme lately has been to trade into the end of the first to take a QB thats not expected to go that high, but is climbing. Buffalo did it last year. Baltimore did it the year before with Boller. I think this year the skins are doing it to get Campbell. This was my first thought when I heard it and then I heard Ed whatever his name is on ESPN say it might be a QB they are after.

sports24/7 said:
Doubt it. I really think they want Jason Campbell. The theme lately has been to trade into the end of the first to take a QB thats not expected to go that high, but is climbing. Buffalo did it last year. Baltimore did it the year before with Boller. I think this year the skins are doing it to get Campbell. This was my first thought when I heard it and then I heard Ed whatever his name is on ESPN say it might be a QB they are after.

Man, I wish they were dumb enough to trade 2 first rounders for the #2. If only they were the Bills.:lol:

The great part about all of this, is that now Minnesota has competition in their trade attempts with Miami for the #2 pick and getting Braylon Edwards.

The Redskins would have to offer more than #9 and #25, because lets face it the Vikes can give us #7 and #18. Then if the Skins up the ante to try and get Braylon instead of Minnesota, we can tell the Vikings hey, the Skins are offering us #9, #25, and whatever else they are offering. Will you top that?

That would be really crazy to trade all that only to move up in the draft. It wouldn't make sense.

If we tradw down sufficiently, Im all for keeping Surtain. I know the Cap becomes an issue, but we can find a way to make it work.

In regards to the idea of trading that 25th and our 4th if we acquired the 25 -- I don't think that'd be on Saban's mind.

We have 5 freakin' picks. We need more, by any means necessary. To trade it to move up on the board wouldn't happen. If anything, we'd trade players to get the picks if needed.

Redskins targeting Auburn's CampbellBy Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Just three years after investing a first-round choice on quarterback Patrick Ramsey, the Washington Redskins are plotting to acquire the possible replacement for the man who currently holds the top spot on their depth chart.

Washington, already slated to pick ninth overall, added a second selection in the first round of the 2005 draft on Tuesday night, acquiring the 25th pick overall from the Denver Broncos.

The prospect Washington brass is eyeing at No. 25? Auburn quarterback Jason Campbell.

PhinPhreak said:
Redskins targeting Auburn's CampbellBy Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Just three years after investing a first-round choice on quarterback Patrick Ramsey, the Washington Redskins are plotting to acquire the possible replacement for the man who currently holds the top spot on their depth chart.

Washington, already slated to pick ninth overall, added a second selection in the first round of the 2005 draft on Tuesday night, acquiring the 25th pick overall from the Denver Broncos.

The prospect Washington brass is eyeing at No. 25? Auburn quarterback Jason Campbell.

Isn't that too high to take him?

Back
Top Bottom