I thought Drafting in the lower Rds was better??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I thought Drafting in the lower Rds was better???

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
Scott McGarahann rejoins his old team from which we aquired, the Packers ......but is that all our front office can come up with all the time.....It seems we're always loaded with 7th rders.....the Patsies took our 2nd for their 3rd....it seems our FO sucks at trading.....I mean, I know SOMETHING is better than NOTHING....but we shouldnt accept the first offer that comes on the table right away.....we should negotiate....Deon Dyer shouldve gone for a 5th or easily a 6th, especially when youve got a few offers.....why couldnt they simply throw in our 7th with Dyer and asked for a 5th or a 6th????

There wasnt much value out there for Dyer, He has been on the Trading block for some time.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
The problem is that its a 7th rounder in 2006!!!

It's better than nothing, and it's a heck of alot better than him ending up with a divisional rival after being cut.

I'm amazed Spielman was able to get anything.

Oliver...

People look at who we are talking about here: SCOTT MCGARRAHAN. Yes he's a good special teams player [not great], but THAT IS IT. Even if it is a pick in 2006, I'm still impressed we got anything out of him. I mean think about it, the guy never plays except on special teams. Awesome job Spielman, I like the way you get us picks. There are still decent talents you can get in the seventh. We got Leonard Henry last year, Jermaine Haley in 1999, and this past year two seventh round picks were traded for a sixth rounder and we got Corey Jenkins. Last year, we traded a worthless O-Lineman to Tampa for a seventh and then turned around and traded a seventh to Washington and acquired Sage Rosenfels. Spielman is a master at dealing with those low picks, and we always seem to get the better ends of these deals. I have a lot of faith in him. GOOD JOB FO!!!!!

Oliver said it best ..."it's a heck of alot better than him ending up with a divisional rival after being cut". Anything else is just icing! Way to go Speilman!

I still can't believe that 2nd for a 3rd trade... it makes no sense, and who did we get out of it? Taylor Whitley? And one of our division rivals now has another 2nd round pick? Good job FO! :rolleyes:

i think we had to get at least one good offensive lineman out of these two third round picks here. DW was staking his job on this year so he traded away a pick from next year. Yes, it doesnt look good now, but he was giving himself two shots to find one winner. At least we still have a number one next year. We've only had one in the last five drafts.

Originally posted by Gonk
I still can't believe that 2nd for a 3rd trade... it makes no sense, and who did we get out of it? Taylor Whitley? And one of our division rivals now has another 2nd round pick? Good job FO! :rolleyes:

No we got Wade Smith out of it.

Yes you should be amazed also that we got any pick whatsoever for a SIXTH safety. This guy was our 6th safety and not only did we not allow division rivals to better their special teams but that 7th rounder could be used to pick up another Sage Rosenfels type at that time.

Originally posted by Gonk

I can't believe that 1st for a 2nd trade back in 1998. Who'd we get out of it?? Patrick Surtain?? But he got burnt for 2 years. Good job FO!! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I've always thought Wanny has some weird ways when negotiating trades. We need to start keeping our 1st and 2nd rd picks.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
Deon Dyer shouldve gone for a 5th or easily a 6th, especially when youve got a few offers.....why couldnt they simply throw in our 7th with Dyer and asked for a 5th or a 6th????

I read on KFFL today that Dyer failed his medical and the trade is off - the pick's gone.

Again this is conditional - not sure what terms. It might mean nothing. But let's face it. Why should our cast-off's have huge value to another team? Especially when in a few days they might be able to be picked up at a McDonalds drive-through and saved from asking if you want fries with that.

Back
Top Bottom