I try not to hate on Ohio State... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I try not to hate on Ohio State...

DPhinz_DPhinz

I cash reality checks....
☠️ Banned ☠️
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
because they are no different than any other program. That said, I LOVE to see big-time college coaches get to the NFL without the recruiting advantage. You start hearing these type of songs:

Urban Meyer IMO sold his soul somewhere between SLC & Gainesville.

That said, the next time the media says something bad about Buckeye football... it'll be the 1st

I thought this thread was about Ohio State basketball, lol. Because after yesterday's choke job in the first round of the tourney, I'm hating on 'em pretty good.

Urban Meyer IMO sold his soul somewhere between SLC & Gainesville.

That said, the next time the media says something bad about Buckeye football... it'll be the 1st

What an odd thread to create.

Sounds like a sour Utah Utes fan. Although IDK why, cause Urb is who made that program relevent.

I seriously don’t get the hate for Urban Meyer. No human is perfect. Nobody. Urb seems like a pretty good dude as far as the masses go. And he’s been a great coach. A vast majority of his players seem to love him.

Just like Nick Saban, who also takes a lot of heat, I’m sure that’s all he really cares about. Not what some internet dudes think.

And the media shouldn’t have a lot of bad things to talk about regarding Buckeyes football. They’re a historic program that’s not only still relevant today, but arguably been the 3rd best program in recent years behind Bama and Clemson.

That’s pretty good.

Urb’s been gone 2 seasons now and they’re still a top program. Just landed a historic recruiting class.

Is Ryan Day on your hit list next? LMFAO.

I moved this to the College forum

Have fun

What an odd thread to create.

Sounds like a sour Utah Utes fan. Although IDK why, cause Urb is who made that program relevent.

I seriously don’t get the hate for Urban Meyer. No human is perfect. Nobody. Urb seems like a pretty good dude as far as the masses go. And he’s been a great coach. A vast majority of his players seem to love him.

Just like Nick Saban, who also takes a lot of heat, I’m sure that’s all he really cares about. Not what some internet dudes think.

And the media shouldn’t have a lot of bad things to talk about regarding Buckeyes football. They’re a historic program that’s not only still relevant today, but arguably been the 3rd best program in recent years behind Bama and Clemson.

That’s pretty good.

Urb’s been gone 2 seasons now and they’re still a top program. Just landed a historic recruiting class.

Is Ryan Day on your hit list next? LMFAO.

Urban was just the catalyst to take Utah to the next level. A Lions share of Utah's success should go to Ron McBride.

Urban never recruited hooligans while here. Yet, there was Aaron H & Percy H in Gainesville off the top of my head. Honestly, other than St Timothy & C Collinsworth, I am indifferent toward UF.

My dad was not a fan of the big 10 or Woody Hayes' 3 yd and a cloud of dust scheme, I inherited some of his sensibility when it came to football

p.s. I am Utes alumnus. If Byu & theee osu were to play; I'd pray to the football goods the game ended in a 0-0 tie

p.s.s. Nothing against Ryan Day.... well he does somewhat resemble Jason Chaffetz

I think Urban Meyer is just as disingenuous as Nick Saban. Meyer resigned from Florida citing health concerns and stated he wanted to spend more time with his family. One year later, he accepted the Ohio State job. Perhaps one year was enough for him to spend time with his family but the timing was suspect at best.

I think Urban Meyer is just as disingenuous as Nick Saban. Meyer resigned from Florida citing health concerns and stated he wanted to spend more time with his family. One year later, he accepted the Ohio State job. Perhaps one year was enough for him to spend time with his family but the timing was suspect at best.
He'll suck as the Jaguars coach and return to college in 3-6 years..tops!

If he hits on the QB he’ll be just fine. They have several early draft picks and the roster is better than most think. I think he’ll be around a while.

As for Ohio State basketball, they are small and slow, especially without Kyle Young. That’s not a great combo in sports. Oral Roberts has proven to be pretty good. The only team that has disappointed me is Illinois. I like that roster.

Urban is a fantastic motivator and leader. He can install a culture w/ the best of them.

I think he’s smart enough to understand that he’s dealing w/ men not boys now. He has a very simple principal, and it’s rooted from discipline. Above the line and below the line behavior. Above the line good, below the line bad. He has some quirky ways of enforcing it, but it’s simplistic in nature.

if he can learn how to manage brands and egos (NFL players), I think he’ll do well. But his system is really rooted in discipline, similar to belichick and other great coaches. I don’t know if control freak is the right word, bc most guys that run good programs are to some degree.

I’m excited to watch it play out. I’m not sure how he’ll do. But he’s a smart guy and a great leader.

Meyer and Saban are total control freaks. Which is why the NFL isn't necessarily a good fit for them. This is exactly the type of thing I've been saying Urban Meyer was going to realize in the NFL. You don't have as much control as you think you do or that you're accustomed to having. Somebody else always has their hands in what you're trying to do.
There's always some bean counter or quack doctor telling you who you can or can't sign. It makes absolutely zero sense to have to sign players that you don't even know and haven't met if you're the head coach. It's the type of sh*t Saban hated.

You don't get a committable offer to Alabama until Saban evaluates you in person and has spoken with you and your family multiple times. Don't matter how many stars you have. The way the NFL does business doesn't make much sense to be quite honest. I know I wouldn't put up with it.

Meyer is a great coach. But your abilities as a coach are at the bottom of the totem pole in terms of determining your success or failure in the NFL. It's everything else around you that determines your fate long before it ever gets around to you. He'll learn all about this.

Last edited:
I go to OSU and I think urban meyer is a massive POS. Overall from a football knowledge standpoint he is good but I read is above the lines book after the zach Smith saga and honestly what a lying sack of ****.

You go back to Florida and how that program just collapsed due to his poor leadership and letting players run wild. He ducks out over his health issues right as they fall apart. Meanwhile you see people like Saban and such embrace the down years and figure out how to make it work.

Then the zach Smith situation happened at OSU. What a ****show that turned into. You could not have handled that any worse than he did as a leader and person. His entire reasoning for defending zach Smith was the fact his father helped meyer early on in his coaching career. All of the sudden his "health problems" came up after that.

Then now you see him trying to hire Chris odoyle in the wake of not only questionable lifting practices but also after Iowa paid the guy to go away. Did he think that hire was going to fly or go over well with players?

So overall meyer will be the first guy to talk about "character and leadership" and then display none of those qualities. So yeah he is a POS

I go to OSU and I think urban meyer is a massive POS. Overall from a football knowledge standpoint he is good but I read is above the lines book after the zach Smith saga and honestly what a lying sack of ****.

You go back to Florida and how that program just collapsed due to his poor leadership and letting players run wild. He ducks out over his health issues right as they fall apart. Meanwhile you see people like Saban and such embrace the down years and figure out how to make it work.

Then the zach Smith situation happened at OSU. What a ****show that turned into. You could not have handled that any worse than he did as a leader and person. His entire reasoning for defending zach Smith was the fact his father helped meyer early on in his coaching career. All of the sudden his "health problems" came up after that.

Then now you see him trying to hire Chris odoyle in the wake of not only questionable lifting practices but also after Iowa paid the guy to go away. Did he think that hire was going to fly or go over well with players?

So overall meyer will be the first guy to talk about "character and leadership" and then display none of those qualities. So yeah he is a POS
Love him as a pure "coach" and "recruiter"..but a lying POS, indeed.

He's gonna suck at the Jaguars and leave in 3-6 years if not sooner ..may get fired before that lmao xD

Back
Top Bottom