I try to leave, but they keep pulling me back in! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I try to leave, but they keep pulling me back in!

Honestly I love it we just need some sort of cheap pass rusher to help out until our two DEs come back. Also a guard would be great but can find guards late in the draft for cheap…

Off to a decent start. Have upgraded at LB and TE and added a much needed Center. We still have some deals ahead of us, so should be an interesting next couple of days

Who have we acquired again?
Center from Titans (upgrade from Williams)
LB from Browns (downgrade from AVG)
Smith TE (upgrade)

Center is a major downgrade but then again williams now have a torn ACL in both knees, he’s also about half of Williams wanted.

Lb for browns not as good of a rusher as avg but different player he’s good in coverage and solid tackler

Jordyn Brooks is a massive upgrade of Jerome baker

Jonnu is a massive upgrade at tight end, 160@ of 2400 career yards are yac yards, dudes going to be a monster in this offense.

Smith TE (upgrade)
sorry but Brewer is not an upgrade from Williams.....Williams was one of the top centers last year till he got hurt.....Brewer is a good run blocking center who can get to the 2nd level which is good in zone blocking but he needs to get much better at pass protection....gave up 7 sacks and 33 pressures last season, 2nd worst among centers

sorry but Brewer is not an upgrade from Williams.....Williams was one of the top centers last year till he got hurt.....Brewer is a good run blocking center who can get to the 2nd level which is good in zone blocking but he needs to get much better at pass protection....gave up 7 sacks and 33 pressures last season, 2nd worst among centers
Agree in principal.....Williams is very good when he is out there.

Lets hope we can coach Brewer up a bit on the pass pro, we seem to be doing better in that area. This is Connor's 2nd ACL from memory, so it is certainly an upgrade if Brewer is on the field each week.

Wouldn't mind seeing Williams also re-signed, but that isn't likely.......

I see Brewer as insurance on the interior of the OL. He's not as big and stout as CW, but he can play. I'd say he's a better option than EichenBerry. I think we will still have a chance to re-sign Williams because of his injury.

Lets hope we can coach Brewer up a bit on the pass pro, we seem to be doing better in that area. This is Connor's 2nd ACL from memory, so it is certainly an upgrade if Brewer is on the field each week.

I agree to a point....but first, I think Williams is gone......I totally have faith that Butch Barry can help Brewer become a better pass blocker and Tua will help too with his quick release ....as far as the injuries go, of course we want them to stay healthy but I want the better player out there instead of having a player out there only because he's healthy......the OL as a whole needs to stay healthier this coming season tho

Smith TE (upgrade)
The centre from the Titans is in no way shape or form an upgrade from Williams. Not even close. He's probably an upgrade on Eichenberg though.

Let's see what Butch Barry can do with him.
Everything I've read from Titans fans is that he can't anchor and gets pushed back easily. He's listed as 274lb, he might be the smallest OL in the league.

When you have to face Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, DaQuan Jones and Christian Barmore twice a year, I'm definitely questioning this signing. I get it, Mike loves mobile centre's who can get to the second level and cut off linebackers but if he can't hold up in pass protection against the monster DT's in your division, you are setting yourself up to throw screens all game again against them.

Everything I've read from Titans fans is that he can't anchor and gets pushed back easily. He's listed as 274lb, he might be the smallest OL in the league.

When you have to face Quinnen Williams, Ed Oliver, DaQuan Jones and Christian Barmore twice a year, I'm definitely questioning this signing. I get it, Mike loves mobile centre's who can get to the second level and cut off linebackers but if he can't hold up in pass protection against the monster DT's in your division, you are setting yourself up to throw screens all game again against them.

And that'd explain Jonnu Smith... 😄

It’s funny. After losing AVG I told a buddy of mine I was out again (after getting excited just prior to FA). Then the signing of a few guys has me intrigued again. Queen or Henry would give me a boner too but that doesn’t look as if it’s happening.

I agree, would love to see us somehow bring back Williams on the cheap due to injury but he was already pushing for more money last year, we didn't pay him and he goes out and gets injured, have to think he's a bit salty there and not really interested in signing on the "cheap". This move likely means we are not expecting a Williams return but I certainly could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom