I want Elton Brown | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I want Elton Brown

burger13

FinHeaven VIP
Reaction score
I would have been happy had we taken this guy with either our 2nd or 3rd round picks.....and now I'm hoping he falls to us in the 4th. The guy is an absolute mauler!! I have watched several Virginia games and he was dominant in all of them.

Was thinking the same thing. He is a steal in the 4th. Most had he and Baas as the top guards at the end of the season.

I'm hoping for a developmental QB, a run stuffing DT, and an interior lineman.

Jaj said:
I'm hoping for a developmental QB, a run stuffing DT, and an interior lineman.

well Brown would fit the bill for the interior lineman....IMO he's the best Guard in the draft.

Oh I completely agree on that. I just want McPherson badly and I realize that we need Hawthorne as well, but the DT need I'd lay back on a bit till the 5th.

If I'm Saban I have a touch choice of McPherson and Brown.

Elton was a great guard. Shame he got injured his senior season. He would definately be a steal in the 4th round.

While on UVA, it amazes me that Blackstock is still falling this far.

I find myself sitting here loving our position at 104. We could end up with either Elton Brown, Darryl Blackstock, Shazor, or Hawthorne!

fins4ever88 said:
Elton was a great guard. Shame he got injured his senior season. He would definately be a steal in the 4th round.

While on UVA, it amazes me that Blackstock is still falling this far.

I agree on Blackstock....I thought that he'd be long gone by now.

Fins2theend said:
I find myself sitting here loving our position at 104. We could end up with either Elton Brown, Darryl Blackstock, Shazor, or Hawthorne!

If we don't get Brown, Hawthorne would be my next choice.

I'm starting to wonder why teams are passing on Elton Brown now.I hope we go offence tho so that some people on here stop complaining about us not drafting enough offence.We could take a WR at 104 too.Anything is posible.

Ozzy rules!!

there are a lot of compensatory picks left, i would be stunned if either shazor, brown or hawthorne would be still there if we pick

Elton Brown I forgot all about him. Yeah he would be a great pickup at the beginning of tomorrow.

Here's the scouting report on Brown form Scout's Inc. He's their #1 rated guard with and 87 rating, a top-45 rating:

Strengths: Has rare physical tools for an OG and has continued to improve each year as a starter. Is a massive lineman with a very good wingspan and good athleticism for his size. He engulfs smaller defenders. Is able to anchor vs. the bull rush when he plays with leverage. Has better than average initial quickness for his size. Runs well for his size and does a good job of reaching as a second-level blocker in the running game. Shows good feet in pass pro and plays under control. Will be able to mirror and slide in the short area when he plays with leverage.

Weaknesses: Would like to see him play with more consistent effort and work to finish off his assignments more often rather than settling for just sealing his guy off. Still needs to improve lower body strength. Doesn't have the explosive drive or hip roll that elite NFL OL possess. Has had some minor durability issues and also has some minor character concerns. Technique is improved but still needs work. Will get lazy on occasion and will bend at the waist. Isn't as consistent as he should be.

Overall: Brown became a starting guard at UVA midway through his true freshman season in 2001. He has been a fulltime starter since, he won the Jacobs Blocking Trophy given to the ACC's best blocker in 2003, and he had his best season-to-date as a senior in 2004. He has a minor blemish on his record regarding an arrest on misdemeanor assault and battery charges that were later dropped. He was, however, a team captain in 2004 and his coaches/teammates speak awfully high of him in terms of his leadership and character. Brown has a massive frame and very good feet for his size. He has the size and upper body strength to simply overpower most defensive linemen at the point of attack when he gets into their bodies. He needs to play with more consistent leverage in pass pro and he needs to improve his lower body strength. Also, while he was improved as a senior, he needs to play with more consistent effort. With all that said, Brown has rare physical tools and the potential to develop into an upper echelon starting OG in the NFL if he continues to keep focused and work on strengthening his lower body. In our opinion, Brown is clearly the best guard prospect in this class and is well worth an early-second round draft selection.

Back
Top Bottom