I want Martin Bibla | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I want Martin Bibla

Yea he has been mentioned before.Sounds like he could be a tough guard.

I think he will be, and I think we should take him if we don't sign Naeole. We should now go and resign Brock Marion before it is too late!

Too much money to re-sign marion i think. We can get him for less if we sign him later like last year. He could get signed by someone else but I would prefer to let them eat his cap space. We only have like 1 mil free. That isn't enough to sign Marion or draft picks.

We can sign Marion to 2 million a year, we must have more then a million available after dealing JJJ and almost signing Olin Kreutz to a huge deal.

We have cap space, we have only spent a minimum amount on Chester and Searcy. Robert Edwards was next to nothing.

We can afford a couple more mid range FA's, and since we don't have a first round pick, or a second round pick to sign up this year, there is money. Now The front office may be restructuring RW's contract, and that might cost us some money up front.

Chester minimum amount? I thought he's making 1.9 mil this year. That isn't minimum. Also, Kreutz wouldn't have hurt much if we would sign him because I heard the plan would be to release Ruddy and Perry which would put us about where we would be if we didn't get Kreutz. And I don't think J.J. Johnson cost us much did he?

I'm all in favor............

of the possibility of drafting Martin Bibla. I hate the Canes, but was impressed with his overall consistency. He seems to be a very good run blocker and a decent pass blocker. He's definitely been overlooked on that great o-line next to joaquin gonzales and Bryant Mckinnie.;)

Cap space?

Well, we must have some how had 4.6 Mil available to sign Kreutz. Additionally, we actually recieved some cap ROOM by SIGNING Searcy due to some new rule meant to encourage signing veterans who have been out of the game for a while. Sorry I can't be more specific about it, but its in the PBP today in one of the articles concerning Searcy.

Are They Looking At Naeole?

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
I think he will be, and I think we should take him if we don't sign Naeole. We should now go and resign Brock Marion before it is too late!

I was just curious if you'd heard something about that. I looked in the usual places but couldn't find anything. :)

As far as the new rule for Searcy goes, it basically allows a team to pay a veteran player 750k while only haveing it count against the cap for 450k. It's put in place to encourage the league and teams to keep the veteran players around rather than ship them out the back door for rookies.:D

Originally posted by breckenridge55
Chester minimum amount? I thought he's making 1.9 mil this year. That isn't minimum. Also, Kreutz wouldn't have hurt much if we would sign him because I heard the plan would be to release Ruddy and Perry which would put us about where we would be if we didn't get Kreutz. And I don't think J.J. Johnson cost us much did he?

Breck, for a quality DT like Chester, 1.9 mill is minimum in my mind. I didn't mean that he signed for the Vet min.

Nice to see you on the forums though. :)

Bibla is a good guard, but with the signing of Searcy guard doesnt become an immediate need like LT is.

Bibla is a 4th-5th rounder, but he is a solid guard who gets the job done. A DE wouldn't be bad in the third round, if there are no OL left.

Originally posted by SMadison29
Bibla is a good guard, but with the signing of Searcy guard doesnt become an immediate need like LT is.

We were comfortable enough that it was Brent Smith's time to play left tackle last year,why's he all of a sudden not good enough now? With Spriggs healthy again, LT is not a GLARING need. I think that the interrior line is more important to the running game and C and G are or biggest need. Dixon won't be around much longer and Ruddy is approaching the end of his career, Searcy is only signed for one year and Perry hasn't played up to expectations since he got here.
LT is not as important with a mobile QB and this aint LAST year, I would like to see us address the C and G position first but, we also are in position to draft the best available lineman and if he happens to play LT, so be it,as long as he doesn't play RT.

Back
Top Bottom