"I want you to print this: I suck as a punter," Mare said. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"I want you to print this: I suck as a punter," Mare said.

I read that earlier and was thinking of posting it. That was a great comment by Mare. That's a pretty funny article describing that play and what was supposed to happen and all he heard was kick,kick,kick

I definitely like Saban's thinking on the matter and I have been waiting for an explanation since Sunday, thanks for posting the link. As for Olindo Mare, other than that shanked PUNT, he had his best game of the season by far. I just wish we could've found out before the game or during practice sometime that he "SUCKS AS A PUNTER" and not during a game.

Seems that the "confusing" one in the article was not Mare.. nor the buc's defense.. but did saban actaully think that was going to work! come on

If the Buccaneers really did only have 9 men on the field, then it sort of DID work. Had the timing been a bit different, we would have caught them with 12 men on the field. Also, with only 9, had Olindo punted it like Donnie Jones would have, I am sure our flyers could have pinned them very easily to the goal line.

But who is Saban to think that Olindo Mare can punt like Donnie Jones when he hasn't even practiced punts in forever. If the Bucs didn't fall for it, we should have called a time out.

Right after Olindo shanked that punt, I saw Saban on the sideline head over to to the special teams coach and let him have it. I honestly believe that Saban did not give the ok for Olindo to actually kick the ball.

Back
Top Bottom