I was at the game some negatives and positives I noticed. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I was at the game some negatives and positives I noticed.

I'm going to wait a few more games but it is concerning. tbf, Slater is one of the top young LT's in the game.....I mean Wilkins didn’t have a good game either so I'll wait.

Chubb is not who we thought he was or going to be. Very AVG pass rusher no burst nothing unique about him for what we gave up or traded a first for him. Ogbah and him are essentially the same to me.

Dline got abused all game other then Phillips and Sieler.

AVG was in the game ALOT…Baker is terrible and Long was not impressive.

Oline was amazing except for the Conner exchanges with Tua

I hope Achane plays next game because Ahmed to me isn’t anything more then a 3rd down back.

Tua-Hill-Waddle all in crazy sync I noticed today (I never seen Tua live) he doesn’t go for the check downs he always try’s to go for a bigger play.

Tua is clutch just a amazing accurate QB.
The entire front 7 left a lot to be desired. We hardly got them into obvious passing situations.

Chubb is nothing like Ogbah, completely different builds and skill sets. Plus he was going up against a premier young LT. Disagree on this take in a big way and confident in him moving forward.

Agree that Baker and David Long are to blame for the Chargers sustained interior run game success.

No doubt our run defense was atrocious. However, we didn't blink, overcame adversity, and when it mattered both the offense and defense came through. Huge win that should give us the confidence to know that if we have the will we can and we will find a way to pull out the dub. Woot!

Chubb is not who we thought he was or going to be. Very AVG pass rusher no burst nothing unique about him for what we gave up or traded a first for him. Ogbah and him are essentially the same to me.

I hope Achane plays next game because Ahmed to me isn’t anything more then a 3rd down back.

Tua-Hill-Waddle all in crazy sync I noticed today (I never seen Tua live) he doesn’t go for the check downs he always try’s to go for a bigger play.

Grier might have thought he was getting a Von Miller?🤪 Go Fins 🐬

For what we gave up to get him, Chubb needs to step it up...maybe he is hurt or something. Usually Grier has an out with these large contracts after 2 years or so. That being said let's not give up on him so quickly....still an elite player.

I’ve been saying the Chubb acquisition was a mistake early on. He overruns plays, and is always the 2nd or 3rd guy to arrive. He’s playing with house money. Here in TN, I saw Long… when he wasn’t injured. Got a motor, but could cover my deceased (RIP) grandmother. Baker is Baker. Will make a play with his speed, but doesn’t dominate. When has this FO DRAFTED a real MLB? Early?? It’s not too late to work a deal for a dynamic player in the middle. Raekwon isn’t it.
It took Boyer strategy on the Chargers final drive to get things done. Ironic. Though, truth is, without a run threat due to the time running out, the Dolphins defense could tee off on Herbert.

For what we gave up to get him, Chubb needs to step it up...maybe he is hurt or something. Usually Grier has an out with these large contracts after 2 years or so. That being said let's not give up on him so quickly....still an elite player.
IMO, Chubb’s value was “inflated.”

I’ve been saying the Chubb acquisition was a mistake early on. He overruns plays, and is always the 2nd or 3rd guy to arrive. He’s playing with house money. Here in TN, I saw Long… when he wasn’t injured. Got a motor, but could cover my deceased (RIP) grandmother. Baker is Baker. Will make a play with his speed, but doesn’t dominate. When has this FO DRAFTED a real MLB? Early?? It’s not too late to work a deal for a dynamic player in the middle. Raekwon isn’t it.
It took Boyer strategy on the Chargers final drive to get things done. Ironic. Though, truth is, without a run threat due to the time running out, the Dolphins defense could tee off on Herbert.
I know you meant Fangio ;)

The Chargers have a pretty good O-line...so there is that. Also, as someone else pointed out, Mack and Bosa were invisible this game for the Chargers, and I don't think anybody is writing them off for the year 🤷‍♂️. We will have better games.

They weren't prepared for that run heavy game plan the Chargers used. Chargers have a good OL that was moving our interior line while their DL was jumping two yards into our backfield on running plays. Vic used our secondary to stop the pass mostly so there was not much run support so our LB's and DTs were abused. Baker 3 tackles, Van Ginkle 2 and Chubb 1. That said our secondary had an encouraging day considering they shut Herbert down and made more tackles in the run game than our front 7.

Guys we played with light boxes and barely blitzed vs a premier Oline. That was the game plan. We dared them to run and they did. I dont expect the same strategy every game.

I’m gonna give the D a pass on this one. Not ready to give up on Chubb yet until a few more games and some more blitz schemes that we didn’t run until the end of the game. Ahmed is a third down back, nothing more but there is no guarantee Achane will amount to much more either
The offense looked like they’ve played together for years, love the confidence there
Yeah pretty much agree with this. In the past the defense usually plays pretty well throughout the game then gives up a final winning drive for the opponent at the end of the game. This was the exact opposite. Not worried about Chubb yet, more worried about our linebackers, they attacked the wrong running lane all game long however, I’m willing to bet Fangio will get that corrected.

Last edited:
How many times did we get Herbert 1st and 20, 2nd and 20 or even 3rd long? Not often. And look what happened when we did. Chargers were extremely effective taking away our pass rush, which is where Phillips and Chubb eat. Obvious benefit of a good run game.

Also, There were times we could not seal the edge. Looking forward to some of our finheaven expert tape reviews.

Back
Top Bottom