I was thinking | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I was thinking

Bowl_Bound

Practice Squad
Reaction score
before thanksgiving I saw a dallas game where Larry Allen (LG) was injured and playing on a sore leg. Halfway through the game he injured it furthur and could not put any pressure on it. However he was literally forced back into the game by parcells and on one leg just mirrored his LT. Throughout the rest of the game he did not give up a sack. I know he is a probowler but can someone please explain to me how a one lgged guard can block and protect better than anyone on our line????? Dont know why that came to mind but I wish it hadn't.

Probably ecause our DTs can't rush the passer at all. And that's one thing that's killed us the last few years. QBs can just stand in there and look downfield. And if they get pressure from the outside, they just step up. I think this is one area that will be addressed in the offseason - Middle Pressure.

Then again, it's kind of a tradeoff. It's very hard to get a guy (much less two) that play the run as well as our guys do. And it's even tougher to get guys who can get to the QB on top of that.

Back
Top Bottom