I wonder what Ricky W. wants for next year | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I wonder what Ricky W. wants for next year

Dolfan4life

Starter
Reaction score
You know he has to dread another beating like last year. I mean he left the Saints to win.

Not get pounded and man handled in the backfield...

If we don't improve the line SIGNIFICANTLY and SUBSTANTIALLY then Ricky will be taking early retirement.

Never Forget this FACT:
* This team (since JJ took over) has been built to run the ball and play good D. Obviously the QB is important. But the main focus of this team is running the ball and stopping the run.

i agree..... i wonder the same thing. all this talk about a new QB and WR, and it seems everyone forgot that our OL cost us at LEAST 3 games last year, and we only needed 1 game to make the playoffs.... and that was WITH fiedler and griese.

work on that OL!!!

You get the O Line right you won't have to worry about a great qb you will have R. Williams running all over the field.

No that's not true. You need a QB to still hit the deep ball and that is why the Titans beat the Ravens.

Ricky is probably having nightmares of this organization turning into his previous organization.

Both the Saints and Fins gave up a lot to get Ricky and then it seems they forget about him.

Well we havent yet, but if the line is anything like last year we may as well give up on him because we will only see him wearing street clothes on the sidelines.

Any QB (in the NFL) can hit any receiver (in the NFL) if the OL gives him the time needed

No offense, but thats not really true Jeep. Well, ok yeah its true, but realistically its not. I mean no offensive line is going to give a QB 5 minutes to throw each time he drops back ;)

If that were true then the QB position would just break down to how good your OL is, and how much time your QB needs to complete the pass. If that were the case, life would be simple for personnel managers in the NFL.

Anyway we won the Ravens game because our D held them to 2 field goals while we were able to kick a whole 3 field goals. Our defense was better than most of the playoff defenses. Our offense was abysmal though.

The thing about balance is its really hard to get. In order to get a nice sophisticated passing game that you can rely on when needed, especially towards the end of the season, you need to have practiced at it a lot during the season...what works best is what you've been doing all year, that kind of thing. Now a lot of people would say the same thing about a running attack but I don't know if that is necessarily the case because I've seen teams develop the running game late in the year...in particular the Patriots all the sudden developed somewhat of a running game late this season and were fine.

But to get a sophisticated passing game you can't just manufacture it when you need it, and then run the ball the rest of the time IMO.

One thing that appeals to me a bit about Collier's plans, is his whole focus on details and matchups because I think it implies a better focus on the passing game. People wonder when a running team like the phins go into a game with weak corners why don't they attack deep down the field all the sudden...its because they're not well practiced at it.

Originally posted by Jeep
Any QB (in the NFL) can hit any receiver (in the NFL) if the OL gives him the time needed

I believe Fiedler has proven he can't hit the receiver when he is open more than once:mad:

Jeep, if that were true, then why do teams focus on the QB and WR positions when it's actually all about the O-line?

Originally posted by Brad528
Then why did we beat the Ravens without any deep balls.
because we got lucky and jamal lewis fumbled in overtime and we recovered in our own territory or else we would have lost. i believe the final was 9-6 no touchdowns, no offense, and no yards typical offensive day against a good defense and team.

Back
Top Bottom