I would've been called INSANE!! | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I would've been called INSANE!!

I am more excited about our draft picks than griese i think they will make more of an impact then he ever will
and 6 millon next year ?who the f*ck was crazy enough for that?I think the front office did a really terrific job this year but griese is /was a mistake .. mark my words he is a cursed man .The pressure that this guy will be under is going to drive him right back off the wagon .. he thought it was bad in denver? please! He wiil be under even more here and if by some chance he does play and doesnt do well I will not be surprised at all .

Badfoot, I think the Dolphins took a calculated risk. If Fiedler fails to perform next year, Griese will be the starter in 04

Okay Badfoot....nice of you to grace us with your opinions but, do you really need to call everybody delusional?......The answer to your question is easy.....he helps us by giving us a capable back-up in case Fiedler gets hurt.....Is it 100% certain that he will be able to do the job? No....is it better than what we had 2 days ago? YES.....If he never plays a down he was worth what he's getting this year for the security.....By this time next season, we will make a choice to keep ONE not both of these QBs OR let both of them go and move Sage into the starting role if he continues to impress.....Either way, this move was made with nothing but this year in mind it doesn't affect anything next year except to give us more options.......If either one QB takes us all the way they will be rewarded with another year and if they both fail they will be discarded relitively pain free and we move on.
Now, you explain how it's a bad deal.

I agree we can get rid of these two qb's relatively pain free, I don't agree that keeping Brian next solves our qb problem..I hope jay stays healthy this year, that's our best bet to do anything IMO...but time will tell..we seem to have a very talented team..I even like our WR's without Gadenson..Matter of fact I like them more now than last year..

Originally posted by badfoot
delusional is a good word for whats going on right now ... griese being the big signing ? please now we have two qb's who will cost a fortune to keep how did this help us ? someone ?

Well, for starters, looking at how much starting QB's cost in this league, neither one is gonna cost us a fortune and both together should be a pretty reasonable price (Greise will not see all that money next year, the team will either restructure or cut him, but we get him cheap this year for the big run and that is the key thing), and look no further than Ray Lucas to see just how important a Back Up QB is.

Hopefully greise will be nothing but a clipboard holding mannaquin on the sidelines, but if he does get called to duty and performs anywhere near as well as Jay... then he will be worth every penny were giving him and then some.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom