I'd like to see English Star David James try Punting | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

I'd like to see English Star David James try Punting

DOLFANMIKE

Coaches Corner
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
Anyone out there see this guy kick at practice. The news release sounded like he only played WR, K, and QB. But at 6'5 and a big toed, athletic Goal Keeper, I'd really like to see him worked out at what I think is our weakest link - Punter.

Anyone see him today or play soccer? Could he be a monster Punter?

Last edited by a moderator:
It doesn't matter because his one day thing is done and he probably is already back on a plane to England.

James is England's top keeper, but that doesn't mean he is good. His team got relegated, which means that they were so bad that they got sent to a lower league (bottom 3 go down every year top 3 go up). James will not be England's top keeper for long because he just isn't good enough. The USA has one keeper (Friedel) who is a hell of a lot better than James.

I wish someone here went to the practice today because I want to here about how he did, but he is not joining this team or anything, soccer is his game. He came because he wanted to learn more about the sport and to work out.

I saw him catch some ablls on CH 6 news. And then they showed ihm punting the ball. He was wearing # 1. He is a good GK but not the best.

Dude fuk that we need an experienced punter or else it would be someone like Royals...

Guys, Royals is not going to be replaced. Wanny said the last thing he was going to do was get rid of Mare's holder. He has worked real hard this offseason with Olindo, getting the holding down to a science. To top it off, Royals was hurt last year. He'll be okay, I believe, and last thing we need is to bring in a guy who has never held a football, come and hold for Olindo. We need Mr. Automatic to be comfortable.

Ice, just to back you up...

I support Leeds and we have 2 goalkeepers better than James! Dave Seaman as England goalkeeper for the last couple of years (particularly the last world cup) was a bad situation. James is down from there.

As a punter I doubt he'd make as good a living as he does from soccer and the two play out at the same time of year. Ergo, he's not going to be playing in the NFL anytime soon IMO.

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE
Anyone out there see this guy kick at practice. The news release sounded like he only played WR, K, and QB. But at 6'5 and a big toed, athletic Goal Keeper, I'd really like to see him worked out at what I think is our weakest link - Punter.

Anyone see him toady or play soccer? Could he be a monster Punter?

Not such a good idea .......

http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/6162963.htm

Moderator Edit: I fixed the broken link

Last edited by a moderator:
Who knows. The reason he's here is publicity and to open the door for other European athletes to try out at football.

I just get a kick out of all these people who keep posting in the David James threads and totally shoot down any possibilities of James' viability in the NFL based on his talent as a goalkeeper. I mean jeez...uhh, hello....last time I checked there's no "goalkeeper" position in football...the american football that is.

He's here because despite his shortcomings as a goalkeeper, David James is a model athlete not a model goalkeeper. He's 6'5" with hardly any body fat, fast, he can jump, he can throw, he can catch, and he can kick. I mean its not like NFL scouts are gonna start scouting over in the soccer leagues and take a look at a guy who is extremely athletic but not that great at soccer and say "Ah forget him, he's like only the 36th best forward in the league"

Back
Top Bottom