Idea for Pro Bowl replacement... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Idea for Pro Bowl replacement...

jetsh8r

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This wont work for those that want to see a Pro Bowl game every year, but I think this might be an interesting replacement idea.

For the Qbs, bring back the Quarterback challenge. A kicking and punting contest, but in a game of skill (distance and accuracy). Fastest man contest. Best three man basketball team challenge(bracket style). Send someone to represent the team on Jeopardy against the other players (one per team, four on per night). Lineman can do the strong man competition where they carry kegs or pull tractors. Linebackers and Running backs can come up with something.
I just think if it is done correctly it can be a lot more interesting. Even if we keep the Pro Bowl I would like to see this in early April and then have free agency in early May.

Thats what the strongest mans for... NFL players cant risk an injury fiddling around.

I like the skills competition....they probably would have to award the players money to get them to participate...but many won't show up because they don't want to get hurt. Back in the 1970's they used to have the Superbowl Champion play the college seniors who were basically All-Americans. I remember Pittsburgh playing in it a couple times. Maybe they could have the Pros, play against college players. That would make it more interesting.

A skills competition is way less dangerous than a Pro Bowl game...

I like the skills idea, not the strongman. Those guys want to have fun anyway, not lift cars.

Back
Top Bottom