identify the imposter contest | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

identify the imposter contest

Originally posted by Muck
The guy's an imposter, Ollie. His name says, "Dirty Cash Holding - DCH". And he's all about, "my sources tell me....".

The guy is a poser.

No doubt he is an imposer. I didn't doubt that. But what can one do about that? You can only apply to the common sense of the board moderator.

Getting into a gray area here as far as impunning someones' reputation though, don't you think?

Originally posted by inFINSible
Getting into a gray area here as far impunning someones' reputation though, don't you think?

Sure, but the question is how much damage can be done or is done? How frequent is the board visited (the Jets board)? Are there cross posters? And if so I assume that cross posters would know DCH.

Like you said it is a gray area.

You've made your position on DCH clear

Originally posted by FFiB
My questions are:
1.) is DCH a copyrighted name?
2.) Why would the other DCH post on a Jets board?
3.) Who said that the other DCH wants to pose as the Dolphins DCH?
4.) Could it just be coincidence?

Heck, I've seen a poster named FFiB before. When I asked him/her that he/she is not me and I am not him/her then who is he/she? The explaination was simple: her/his name was Friendly Fan In Brooklyn...or something to that extend.

I wouldn't care as long as nobody else posts as FFiB on messageboards where I am known. Beyond that I wouldn't care.

My..people are sooo sensitive.

You've made your feelings about DCH clear in the past on Dolfantalk.com. It's clear to see the attempt was made to slight DCH and misrepresent him.....or just to intentionally give him grief. I guess it could be said DCH is being "sooo sensitive", but it could also be said the one that started it is being immature and has too much time on their hands.

YES.......That was the intent

Originally posted by WCoastFin
I would not want anybody using my name unless they ask me first. It can really make you look bad.

Exactly ...that was the entire childish intent. I guess their normal playground is little too dead so they decided to start something here to pass the down time. Personally, it's not real tough to figure out which person / group are playing games. Funny thing is, the same group battles constantly with another message board and always complains how 'all they do is put down Dolfans". I guess when you haggle with that sort long enough you become just like them.

Re: You've made your position on DCH clear

Originally posted by DOLFANMIKE

You've made your feelings about DCH clear in the past on Dolfantalk.com. It's clear to see the attempt was made to slight DCH and misrepresent him.....or just to intentionally give him grief. I guess it could be said DCH is being "sooo sensitive", but it could also be said the one that started it is being immature and has too much time on their hands.

Nope Mike. One thing has nothing to do with another. Let me give you another example:

Lets say a poster named JetsForever posts on the Jets boards. Suddenly a poster with that name appears on dolfantalk.com or finheaven.com. Jets fans say that he is an imposter on our boards. What are the admins or site owner of dolfantalk.com or finheaven supposed to do?
Ban him? On what grounds?
Give out an IP#? On what grounds?

Would we as dolfans actually care?

That's my point....

Good Point FFiB......

Yeah, but what right do you have for a name on an MB.

Is it copyrighted? No.
Is it morally right? No.

Can you persue him/her legally? No...unless you copyrighted the name.

I think you are exactly right, there is no legal consequence for the childish behavior. However, if I come to find that it's someone in the Dolfan Community, I for one won't have anything to do with them, or any board they are involved in leadership on. It's simply childish and if it's a Dolfan they should be banned ....regardless of who it is. They need to grow up, as does anyone that supports their immature behavior. Any Dolfan that thinks their behavior is inappropriate should ignore that persons posts until they make it right.

But a lot of people come up with the name "JetsForever" or something like that. It isn't very original. DirtyCashHoldin is a lot more original and it is obvious the guy on jetsinsider has reads DCHs posts before.

Re: Re: You've made your position on DCH clear

Nope Mike. One thing has nothing to do with another. Let me give you another example:

Lets say a poster named JetsForever posts on the Jets boards. Suddenly a poster with that name appears on dolfantalk.com or finheaven.com. Jets fans say that he is an imposter on our boards. What are the admins or site owner of dolfantalk.com or finheaven supposed to do?
Ban him? On what grounds?
Give out an IP#? On what grounds?

Would we as dolfans actually care?

That's my point....

I understood your point perfectly, however, it doesnt carry water because the person that used the name (IMO) did so intentionally trying to stir the pot. I seriously doubt it was the situation you described and instead someone trying to poke DCH (AGAIN). I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Re: Re: Re: You've made your position on DCH clear

I understood your point perfectly, however, it doesnt carry water because the person that used the name (IMO) did so intentionally trying to stir the pot. I seriously doubt it was the situation you described and instead someone trying to poke DCH (AGAIN). I could be wrong but I doubt it.

Well, are we sure that he poked intentially fun?
I didn't say he (the imposter) didn't....maybe he did.

But if he would do so why not use at least the correct spelling of the name. Maybe he thought that name was cool and since he is maybe dealing with dirty cash )NY mobster?) he just used that name. Now, I do know how our DCH got his name or picked his name and it had nothing to do with being a mobster...LOL.

Just making sure that this post is not wrongly interpreted.

It may have just been an innocent act by the poster. It may have been intentionally as well. It may have been a dolfan who was trying to stir some trouble within the Dolfan community. Could be many reasons....

Re: Re: Re: Re: You've made your position on DCH clear

Well, are we sure that he poked intentially fun?
I didn't say he (the imposter) didn't....maybe he did.

But if he would do so why not use at least the correct spelling of the name. Maybe he thought that name was cool and since he is maybe dealing with dirty cash )NY mobster?) he just used that name. Now, I do know how our DCH got his name or picked his name and it had nothing to do with being a mobster...LOL.

Just making sure that this post is not wrongly interpreted.

It may have just been an innocent act by the poster. It may have been intentionally as well. It may have been a dolfan who was trying to stir some trouble within the Dolfan community. Could be many reasons....

Hopefully it will all be clear soon enough. If it is a "Dolfan" trying to antagonize DCH.... then my hope is that all Dolfan posts ignore the person until they make it right.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: You've made your position on DCH clear

Hopefully it will all be clear soon enough. If it is a "Dolfan" trying to antagonize DCH.... then my hope is that all Dolfan posts ignore the person until they make it right.

I agree a 100%.......

It's not a Dolfan, I'll bet the house on that. Most of those Jet fans think it's a Patriots fan. At any rate, this kid certainly knows of DCH and is out there impersonating him. Otherwise he wouldn't have spelled out the name and then given the abbreviation thereafter??

And in his attempt to do so (impersonate), he had a few brain farts...i.e...misspelling the name, giving out the wrong location, phrasing his posts differently. He simply created the name and started posting "information". Typical kid.

We know there's nothing you can do legally. That's why DCH is offering a reward for the guy's info.

I HATE IMPOSTERS! i don't care if they are screwing somebody i don't like, it's WRONG. i wish i had a dollar for everytime somebody used an "O" in dolfan06, or a capital "i" for a lower case "L"!

WHAT IS NOT PROTECTED BY COPYRIGHT?

Titles, names, short phrases, and slogans; familiar symbols or designs; mere variations of typographic ornamentation, lettering, or coloring; mere listings of ingredients or contents

http://www.copyright.gov/circs/circ1.html#wci

Is DCH a title? I think it is, but if it's not than congragulations DCH you already have copyrighted your name!

The use of a copyright notice is no longer required under U.S. law, although it is often beneficial

Basically the law was created so that if you created a work of art, in the case DCH or Dirty Cash Holding" you automatically have the copyright to it, and your estate has the right's to your art for 70 after you die. you can put the "copyright" "copr" or the little c symbol to make a public record of your work.

Mls737 copyright 2002

Back
Top Bottom