If a player does not make your team, he does not fill a need | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If a player does not make your team, he does not fill a need

Catch34

Practice Squad
Reaction score
This is my opinion about drafting based on value opposed to drafting our needs. Good players are so hard to come by you have to take risks, thats what the draft is all about. You can get any average player through free agency, though the stars come out shining straight from the draft. Once these players get to training camp everyone knows who will be good and who will flop. Its the ones who are built up just because they were first round picks who are so shocking to watch fall. Look at Vernon Carey, first round pick, so automaticly he was built up to be great, and he still could be, but so far from what ive seen, I think he is going to be a bust. A player like Randy McMichael though, 4th round pick, knew he would be great right from the get go. Or Derrick Pope, I remember thinking man this guy will be good, 7th round pick i believe? But dont get me wrong, its the same way with 1st/2nd round picks, Ladainian Tomlinson, Jamal Lewis, Clinton Portis, though all highly talented, drafting a running back isnt exactly a sure thing. (remember the last time the dolphins drafted a running back?) to fill a need i believe...

Winning teams draft best player availble. FA fill needs draft fills talent

oh no, sorry, i didnt mean that. I love Ronnie Brown. I wanted to point out more that later picks are about taking chances and drafting for value. I love our 2nd and 3rd round picks, but I think i read some people complaining about the picks cause we didnt really need them. I guess i used some bad examples...oops. :)

btw, that was just a little rant i went on cause i was kind of high... :D

Back
Top Bottom