If Andrews is gone? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Andrews is gone?

glh205

Starter
Reaction score
Almost every mock has the fins taking Andrews at #20, but I am highly skeptical he will be there with so few OL's in the 1st round.

Obv, I think Mia will try to trade down if that happens, but if not able to, do you think Mia takes best WR (R Williams or Evans), DT (Dockett, Starks) or Ol (Carey) avail at #20?

Of the options you provided my guess would be wr. Those players are rated much higher than the other options.

For what Rick has said, we can get a good WR in the 3rd or 4th round. If Andrews is gone we might take Smiley or a DT like Starks or even a WR like Evans but it seems like they'd rather go o-line sooner rather than later.

Ozzy rules!!

No way should we take a pure guard so high in what is considered a VERY deep draft. So deep in fact that I predict that two of these three players - Grove, Smiley, Snee - will be available after pick 50.

::sigh:: As much as I hate the concept, I say we trade down and grab one of the "second tier" of linemen (Carey, Smiley, Grove, Snee, Rogers).

Drastro...the problem with trading down is that we could only go down, at most 10 spots and that group, execpt maybe Rogers would be gone....I think at that point, if we have not signed any other FA OL, you'd have to go Carey or Smiley...I know that Smiley is a reach, only because he is a guard, but I'd do it because of our needs...Trade down to the right position would be the best option, because we still need DT, WR, LB, S help in the draft as well...

agreed with trading down. what I WANT, is to see if we can trade up a bit, see if we can get in Ben, Rivers, Andrews range (contingent on the O-gun situation not getting any better mind you), and play it from there. Trade down a bit if we want a better value for them, and pick up a few picks, or take a huge slide and land quite a few picks in the 2nd and 3rd.

Like I say, contingent on the O-gun situation. If it looks like he will truely hold out, and will walk next year i'm all for packaging him to move up. I won't pay a lot down the road, but if the chance arises, I'd at least consider it. Then play it from there. If ben slides, snag him, if Rivers is there and project to go next, snag him, if Andrews is there, but we can slip down in front of the browns, snag him. If none of the above are there, trade way down, and pick up multiple late picks.

Originally posted by LarryFinFan
Drastro...the problem with trading down is that we could only go down, at most 10 spots and that group, execpt maybe Rogers would be gone....I think at that point, if we have not signed any other FA OL, you'd have to go Carey or Smiley...I know that Smiley is a reach, only because he is a guard, but I'd do it because of our needs...Trade down to the right position would be the best option, because we still need DT, WR, LB, S help in the draft as well...

I think RS likes Yates and Whitley. Everybody we're bringing in plays T. Miami is looking for a T not a G.

Originally posted by Maybe Memories
if he is gone we go for rashaun woods...

I would rather have Lee Evans then R. Woods.
If we do go reciever then a blazing slot guy like Evans is more of what we need then Woods imo.

I agree that at our position unless something crazy happens if we were to go wr i hope we go for the speedster evans.

I personally don't think smiley is a secound tere linemen, would rather have andrews but wouldn't be upset if we take smiley if andrews is gone. I would much rather we trade down hope to get smiley, carey, snee, grove, then take best possible receiver(think evans would fall??) or dl,ib, dt.

I go with a Vernon Carey if still there, a WR. Or piss off a few teams below us and draft a RB?? That $hit would be funny!!!

Scond tier player? Smiley is the best gaurd in the draft, on some people's chart he is the second best offensive linemen in the draft (on some charts i have seen). And this team is in need off a RG. We have already signed 2 RT.

Now i am all for drafting Andrew if he is there at 20, but if not i hope Rick goes after Smiley.

Back
Top Bottom