If anyone wants to point and laugh at old friend Mike Tannebum | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If anyone wants to point and laugh at old friend Mike Tannebum

Interesting. Definitely some strange picks with Bowers and Verse, in particular, going way lower than I expect. Can't see Harrison falling to nine either.

No trade mocks are pretty silly at this stage of things. We know Minnesota is looking to move up.

If not for the untradeable contract, i could ALMOST see this being feasible. Teams reach and overdraft QB's almost every year.

I know its not 100% on him, but Murray only has 1 winning season in 5 years. The last 3 years his games played have decreased. He's a smaller QB that loves to run, maybe this is a precursor to what his health is going to look like in the future, maybe not. I havent seen all his games, but i do think i remember him having some **** luck with WR's that loved dropping the ball.

One other thing to think about, if Murrays ego cant coexist with Gannon, then who's to say that Murray doesn't get Gannon a one way trip to being fired. Plus another season like Murrays current and his value is going to be even less. You can probably still sell the Vikes on the fact he's worth the late first. He misses 8 games again this season and puts up similiar numbers than his trade stock is going to drop even more.

So where as i know Tannebum is a joke, this is actually not a bad idea....except for the fact that AZ would have to eat a lot of dead cap. Murray has a great arm. being in the pocket isnt his game, but if you could convince him to stay in the pocket a little more than he would probably feast with Jefferson. I do think with all the cap that Az is going to eat, then i want a little bit more than #23 though. And more than likely McCarthy is going to get overdrafted anyways because he has the "looks" of a prototypical qb.

If you are AZ though, you have to do this on draft day. Would backfire big time if you made this trade today and then the Pats pick JJ at #3

If not for the untradeable contract, i could ALMOST see this being feasible. Teams reach and overdraft QB's almost every year.
After what we saw Denver do to get rid of Wilson who knows what a teams might do anymore?

Now cutting a guy and taking a record cap hit is not the same as finding a team to trade for such a bad contract but nothing is beyond the realm with a desperate enough team.

And with the skyrocketing cap and QB contracts I am not sure Murray's contract is that bad.

i dont think hes bad to the point i would cut Murray yet or even trade him. i was just saying, if i was gonna play devils advocate and argue for the trade, then i cpuld make a legit case

I can’t stand the guy but a lot of the picks seem reasonable. I think he’s wrong about Arizona and Miami but his reasoning isn’t crazy.

How foolish were we to hire him as pres of opps, still can’t believe it

How foolish were we to hire him as pres of opps, still can’t believe it
Ross was spending all his time and NYC and he somehow thought raiding the Jets braintrust was a good plan.

But then they took a shot at Adam Gase.

It is hard to say which one did more harm, I'll call it a wash.

Ross was spending all his time and NYC and he somehow thought raiding the Jets braintrust was a good plan.

But then they took a shot at Adam Gase.

It is hard to say which one did more harm, I'll call it a wash.
it’s really quite astonishing, in a bad way

Back
Top Bottom