If Brett Favre.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Brett Favre....

Surferosa

Run to Daylight
Reaction score
orchestrates the game winning drive in under one minute to defeat the Broncos IN RAUCOUS DENVER WITH A BROKEN THUMB, how much greater does his legend grow???

Do people downplay the heroic comeback because one of the passes could have been intercepted? No. Do they give him grief about throwing into double coverage earlier in the game? No. What they do is priase him for throwing for 40 yards with a broken thumb. They laud him for making the biggest plays with the game on the line. They laud him for once again playing through pain and showing that hes one of the toughest SOB's in the league.

Jay Fiedler deserves all the credit in the world for bringing this team back from a certain loss and guilding them to victory. While hes out, I am confident that Ray Lucas will lead this team skillfully, and at some point a QB controversey may even erupt. But make no mistake, Jay proved yet again that he is one of the true leaders and playmakers of this team and one of the main reasons were 5-1. We are in first place because of Jay, not despite him.

give it up

Originally posted by Surferosa
orchestrates the game winning drive in under one minute to defeat the Broncos IN RAUCOUS DENVER WITH A BROKEN THUMB, how much greater does his legend grow???

Do people downplay the heroic comeback because one of the passes could have been intercepted? No. Do they give him grief about throwing into double coverage earlier in the game? No. What they do is priase him for throwing for 40 yards with a broken thumb. They laud him for making the biggest plays with the game on the line. They laud him for once again playing through pain and showing that hes one of the toughest SOB's in the league.

Jay Fiedler deserves all the credit in the world for bringing this team back from a certain loss and guilding them to victory. While hes out, I am confident that Ray Lucas will lead this team skillfully, and at some point a QB controversey may even erupt. But make no mistake, Jay proved yet again that he is one of the true leaders and playmakers of this team and one of the main reasons were 5-1. We are in first place because of Jay, not despite him.

a clear bias towards fiedler is shown as well as a different set of standards.....its sad but its true.

Orchestrate nothing! Fiedler go lucky when the INT he threw went right throuh Mobley's hands.

Originally posted by bills_phan
Orchestrate nothing! Fiedler go lucky when the INT he threw went right throuh Mobley's hands.

I rather see it that way....

A pass at HIGH velocity zipped right through the hands...

here you have it, oops, then you don't.

It almost knocked the wind out of Ward.

But it was also a mistake by the defender. He should just batted the ball...and take a broken hand as a result. LOL.

Fiedler is not Brett Favre, but I do feel that the comeback is downplayed because it is Jay Fiedler.

He threw the ball directly into the hands of Mobley. A perfect strike. You could say it was a great comback if he played for Denver.

Originally posted by iceblizzard69
Fiedler is not Brett Favre, but I do feel that the comeback is downplayed because it is Jay Fiedler.

:rolleyes: Only by you guys. The comeback was just as much a result of an unbelievable catch by Ward if not more so than Fiedler. I don't want to take anything away from Jay. He did a good job. You guys that hail Jay as the reason we win all these games and compare him to Brett Favre is just as rediculous as the Jay Bashers. Ray Lucas will win just as well with this team as long as he has to as well.

sure, throw the 22 yard pass that the defense knows you want. that the defense knows you need and sets up in a zone to stop just that pass. make that pass in practice and you have a good shot of making the team. make that pass in a game that has playoff consequences written all over it, then you're the starter kid. make that pass with a broken thumb and your best receiver humming nursery rhymes on the trainers table, well, you gotta love that ****.

Ummm ... Surferosa wasn't COMPARING Jay to Favre ... just pointing out the double standard. Fiedler is not headed to the Hall of Fame, but he should be getting a LOT more love. (Sheesh. I'm watching too much Stuart Scott.)

Oops. Sorry Ice, my simpleton comments was aimed at Mouldsrocks, not you. Damn Quote feature!

Lets put it in terms that Dolfans can relate to.

If Marino threw that ball and it went thru a defenders hands people would praise him for his strong arm and big balls.

Fiedler on the other hand doesn't have the legendary arm and personality that Dan has so he's considered "lucky".

I watched a Packers game last year where Farve was getting sacked, he was almost on his back and he basically threw the ball up for grabs and it was more of a lateral (fumble), He didn't see his TE (Franks) but thats who caught the ball and ran it 15+ yards.

What did the annousers say??????? thats right "WOW Farve is AMAZING!"
Nothing about Franks who happened to be heads up enough to grab the ball in the air and run.

Now what would people have said about Fiedler?
"Lucky"

But I don't care really, so the ball could have been intercepted, BIG DEAL! it wasn't and the Fins won the game.
enough said.

Originally posted by Trekbiz

:rolleyes: Only by you guys. The comeback was just as much a result of an unbelievable catch by Ward if not more so than Fiedler. I don't want to take anything away from Jay. He did a good job. You guys that hail Jay as the reason we win all these games and compare him to Brett Favre is just as rediculous as the Jay Bashers. Ray Lucas will win just as well with this team as long as he has to as well.

I noticed after the game that you were really praising Ward for making the catch and because I was at work I couldn't SEE the game (dam it). But after I got home and watched the tape and highlites I didn't see anything spectacular on Wards part.

Yes I give him all the credit in the world for being heads up and making the catch but honestly it wasn't like the ball was tipped to the point where it lost its trajectory and he had to make a huge adjustment. It was still a very catchable ball and WRs make more difficult adjustments on normal pass patterns all the time.
If Ward would have dropped that pass I would have blamed him not Fiedler, I mean hell man Jays thumb was BROKE when he threw that ball. I'll give ANY QB credit for that.
That ball had enough velocity to go through Mobly's hands.

I thought it was impressive.

Back
Top Bottom