If Cutler isn't there take Jimmy Williams? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Cutler isn't there take Jimmy Williams?

He could be. He's been falling for unknown reasons. And yes I would take him depending on who else is there.

dolphinfan2k5 said:
He could be. He's been falling for unknown reasons. And yes I would take him depending on who else is there.

he his falling for the reason that he doesnt have NFL CB speed and he his a tweener
*EDIT* I wont be surprised if he drops to the second round

I'm not crazy over Cutler in the mid first rd. I got a feeling someone we least expect will drop down in our laps. It usually happens for picks were we are. I think Saban will go with the Best player available when its our pick. Maybe Huff, Williams. Ngata,Greenway, I don't know who but expect their to be a nice pick up. :lol:

IdahoPhin said:
I would love to have a peek at Saban's draft board..:D

Yeah, you and me both. Wouldn't we all have fun with that. :lol:

duss12 said:
he his falling for the reason that he doesnt have NFL CB speed and he his a tweener
*EDIT* I wont be surprised if he drops to the second round

He's around 6'3" 215 I think. That definately huge for a corner. I think his speed is around 4.5.

EDIT: I thougt tweener meant small but maybe I'm mistaken here. Could someone please enlighten me.

First off, I wouldn't take anybody over Michael Huff. Not even Cutler. [of course when I say anybody, I'm not including guys like Vince Young who has no chance of being there]. As for Jimmy Williams, he's pretty even with Cutler to me. I wouldn't mind either one.

Dolphins | Saban may look to trade up in the NFL Draft
Sun, 29 Jan 2006 07:45:15 -0800

Barry Jackson, of the Miami Herald, reports an <A href="http://www.kffl.com/team/77/nfl">NFL person in contact with Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban expects Miami to aggressively explore moving up from 16th in the draft to select a quarterback, which will be very difficult. That person said Saban would be willing to open next season with QB Gus Frerotte if he can somehow achieve his goal of moving up.

dolphinfan2k5 said:
He's around 6'3" 215 I think. That definately huge for a corner. I think his speed is around 4.5.

EDIT: I thougt tweener meant small but maybe I'm mistaken here. Could someone please enlighten me.
For a DE thats true, In this case what he was saying is that he is somwhere between a corner and a safty. Williams was a safty early in his collage career and then vt moved him to corner. A lot of draft people think that at the NFL level he would be moved back to safty which drops him on some draft boards.

Back
Top Bottom