If Fiedler is out then NOW is the time to start Sage... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Fiedler is out then NOW is the time to start Sage...

Should Sage start?

• Yes

Votes: 10 20.4%
  • No, but its not a an unreasonable idea

Votes: 17 34.7%
  • Hell no, put down the lighter and step away from the pipe!

Votes: 22 44.9%

• Total voters

Penthos

Am I on speaker phone?
Reaction score
By doing so we may just ensure that we have a really good young starter next year, and if we get lucky he could blossom early...

We have a string of non-divisional games comming up and this guy has been "preparing" for the last 3 years... he's got to be a well trained Turner prototype robot QB by now... Let him the hand the ball off to Ricky, throw high percentage passes to the Backs and the TE, and every drive or so try to stretch the field.

If he could start next year then we could get rid Of Jay AND Brian's contracts, helping us keep some of the talent we might otherwise lose...

At the very worst he could go in there and play like total CRAP, and we pull him out after 2 quarters... BUT, he COULD spark the offense... and even if its not enough to make the playoffs.. the experience may be just what he needs to be a quality starter with a great arm next year...

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, but.....isn't this situation the whole reason the team signed Griese in the first place??

Wouldnt look too great for Dave if he played his third stringer before playing is Free Agent acquisition...Id like to see either one, doesnt matter to me, but I think he'll play Griese first

Snicker and Dolphinz, you are both right... However, one could make the argument that Sage has had more snaps than Brian due to his injury. Had Brian NOT been injured since training camp I probably would not have even posted this because of your above reasons.

True.....I guess I would be curious to see either one play.....I don't really care which one starts.

I like what Sage could bring to the Dolphins down the road as starting QB but Griese at least has experience.

who cares about sage's experience or lack there of. at one point, every qb has to make his first start, and with this defense and ricky, sage will have a security blanket. who knows, sage may get a start and not give the job back. i love jay's heart but i am sick of waiting for him to come around and i am not interested in the least in finding out what griese can do besides trip on the infield dirt and get a concussion. i announce myself a member of the sage rosenfels bandwagon, who's with me?:harm:

COMMON PEOPLE... look at the stats!! Griese had MORE talent around him, yet still got similar numbers to Jay, and managed to win less. Why would he do better here with less? The FO brought this guy in to placate the people who demanded a move at QB, simultaneously he replaced Lucas and gave a presence that Jay could be replaced at any moment...

The difference between Jay and Brian? Brian got to where he is because of relatively mediocre talent and HIS NAME... Jay got to where he is because of relatively mediocre talent and HIS HEART...

This is why I would rather see Sage, if he is our future then lets get the future started. If he pays worse than Jay then put Brian in, whats the risk? He's probably a lot healthier and more familiar with the offense then Brian.

obviously the coaching staff didnt see enough in Sage, or else they wouldnt of signed Griese, I am a Fiedler guy but there is no way in hell that Sage would start over Griese, considering the guy was the backup last week for the game....and that is just stupid, we are trying to win a championship now not next year....and like Ricky Williams, maybe a change of scenery is all that Griese needs, so lets go with the vet rather than the guy who practically is still a rookie...okay?

I can't help but think this thread is for Fiedler-at-all-costs people who prefer to see someone play who would clearly be back on the sidelines the moment Fiedler is healthy, rather than someone who might (horrors!) play well and keep the starting job.

Ultimate: Practically a Rookie? He's been in the league 3 years... Most of that time under Norv, who says he will be a good starting QB.

NYC: I have been a supporter and critic of Jay. But I am tired of this mediocrity and I honestly don't think Brian will be any better... (Jesus god I hope I am wrong, but if he does do better than Jay I will put something in my sig that said I was wrong, happily.) I am just tired of having QB "issues" at all...

Hes a rookie in my eyes, has had three snaps of gaming experience in Norv's system during the regular season....thats IT...and Washington really doenst count cause he didnt get any pt there either

Originally posted by inFINSible
Anybody who actually believes that there are people who want "Fiedler-at-all-costs" is completely clueless.

Agreed, I have not seen anyone step forward and say that Jay is a great QB.

I think most believe that he is a QB of average skills with above average determination and heart. And, I think many are leery of another backup QB disaster after Lucas last year.

Personally, I am not averse to starting Griese this week.

Originally posted by inFINSible

thank you.....the thought that anybody would not want a better QB to play the position because of some stupid internet power struggle is extremely ignorant.

If jay is hurt, so be it, somebody else starts.....If that person plays better, I gaurantee, not ONE person will complain that Jay isn't in there.

The point of 13isgr81's original post was to say that he thinks that the best option for finding a BETTER QB might come from sage and not Griese.
Some people want to turn it into something else and then cry when they get called on it.

To take it another step, I would love for the Fins to trade a high draft pick,even a first rounder, to Houston for Drew Henson.

I hope this does not get me thrown out of the "Fiedler Underground Cult" though :eek:

:lol: ZS13....you're on thin ice there :lol:

as if, no one wants a better QB...:shakeno:

Back
Top Bottom