If Fins Get A. Freeman Restructured... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Fins Get A. Freeman Restructured...

DIRTYCASHHOLDIN

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I have heard that the Dolphins are very close on agreeing to a restructured deal with S ARTURO FREEMAN....where he would be extended...and given an up-front signing bonus....and thus...giving us more room under the salary cap.
If that happens this week.....then from what I understand...the Dolphins will really go hard after DE...MIKE SINCLAIR...who the DOLPHINS feel is a much better player...then any FA DE out there...inluding LORENZO BROMELL. SINCLAIR is a bonafied NFL proven starting DE...that will really make our DL one of the very best in football...if we can land him. Then...you would have a rotating line...which would include DARYL GARDENER going in at both DT and DE....particularly on obvious running downs. All said...if we can come to terms with SINCLAIR...our DL would be outstanding....and it may force the restructuring of DARYL GARDENERS contract...something that the Dolphins have been trying to do...but they have been rebuffed by DG.

I know DREW ROSENHOUS is trying to find a home for former JET and DOLPHIN FA SHANE BURTON....and of course...he has talked to SPIELMAN about it. However....I just see this as a last resort type of deal....meaning that there is no SINCLAIR...and no BROMELL. BURTON is a human fly-swatting...knock down the ball type of DL...that is what he is really good at. You take that skill away...and he really does not excel at either the stopping the run well..or bull-rushing the QB. And with this current makeup right now at DT....there is no lock that he could even make the team...from where I sit.

Like I have said....this is the third time....we need to start bringing in some FA Punters...before we are forced to draft one...if TURK holds out for more money than JEFF GORDON's wife is asking for per month....which is about $800,000. kYLE RICHARDSOn and MITCH BERGER are still available...

ALONZO MAYES....believe it or not....is healthy....and will be ready for the start of the first MiNI-CAMP...RIPLEYS BELIEVE IT OR NOT. The Dolphins feel that MAYES has the best overall..size/speed ratio to start at TE. JED WEAVER is projected to start right now....but he is a liability as a blocker. MAYES will be given every opportunity to win the job...if he can just stay on the field. JED WEAVER will get lots of playing time regardless...in the NORV system....but MAYES...just has the bulk...that the DOlphins may need for the RICKY WILLIAMS running attack. And yes....ED PERRY is a mortal lock to snap the football...so that is the deal. Those 3 TE's....and I think they will make a move back to OT...with SHAWN DRAPER..once camp starts. There is a good possibility the Dolphins will draft a TE...as well. FREDDIE JONES is gone..and the team does not have interest in DILGER. They appear set going into the draft.

If CHRIS CARTER does not hear from the RAMS this week....I think he will make the call to WANN-SPIEL.....if he wants the money....then he will go elsewhere.....if he TRULY wants to try and go out with a RING....then he should come play close to home...and go out trying...or if the RAMS sign him....they probaly would offer more and we can all deal with that also. I really believe now...its either us or the RAMS.
DCH

great stuff DCH. Punter is really the biggest concern in terms of decent players - other than OL of course, but we have lots of OL'men

i know our OL sucked last year but remember almost thye entire Ol was out with injuries, sometimes even 3 starting OL men had to sit because of injuries at one time, so maybe with searcy here and everyone hopefully healthy we dont really need someonle like ackerman, cause searcy, wade, ruddy, are pretty good, and searcy would replace the biggest hole we had, PERRY, but remeber guys everyone was hurt....Kind of like the Baltimore game; with CC out and gadsen limping all we had was Mcknight, ward and Super Jeff OGDEN....i mean c'mon...So i have faith, baring injuries to our current OL, they are a pretty good bunch....PEACE OUT

Wow, this is full of bad opinions (sorry).

1st, Freeman is inhis 3rd year making the 3rd year
min. any contract he signs will clear no money against the
cap. His base pay is 358,000 with a original bonus of 34K.
How can you clear up tons of money off that ?

2nd, Sinlcair is a shadow of his former self. He is old
and has diabetes. He himself said that he might retire.

He also said....

"Am I a 13-, 14-sack guy any more? No, I'm not that type of player," he said

"I'm realistic about where I'm at," he said last month. "Can I go out and give my all for 35 or 40 plays like I used to? Probably not. But I can crank it up for 15-20 downs when needed."

You make him sound like some great plyer who'll start and
make Miami the steel curtain. HA, this guy even says he's
got little left. He'd be a pass rusher, that's it, 15-20 snaps.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/seahawks/134409662_hawk23.html

http://seattlepi.nwsource.com/football/59527_hawk23.shtml

Don't know about the Freeman $$$$, don't really care that much either!
As for Sinclair:
I do not think we are looking at him to be an every down player.
He would give us EXACTLY what we need.
And that is someone to put the pressure on the QB on the opposite side of Taylor in passing situations.
What is wrong with that?
At least he wouldn't come in here and try to be something he couldn't.

We need someone who can emulate what Trace Armstrong did in 2000.

Originally posted by Sgt.FinFan
Wow, this is full of bad opinions (sorry).

1st, Freeman is inhis 3rd year making the 3rd year
min. any contract he signs will clear no money against the
cap. His base pay is 358,000 with a original bonus of 34K.
How can you clear up tons of money off that ?

2nd, Sinlcair is a shadow of his former self. He is old
and has diabetes. He himself said that he might retire.

He also said....

"Am I a 13-, 14-sack guy any more? No, I'm not that type of player," he said

"I'm realistic about where I'm at," he said last month. "Can I go out and give my all for 35 or 40 plays like I used to? Probably not. But I can crank it up for 15-20 downs when needed."

You make him sound like some great plyer who'll start and
make Miami the steel curtain. HA, this guy even says he's
got little left. He'd be a pass rusher, that's it, 15-20 snaps.

First of all Arturo's cap # is roughly $386, 333. An extension would shave off roughly $125, 000 which would help when you have dick all for cap room for even trying to sign a guy at the veteran min of $750,000.

As for Sinclair he would be a much better player if the phins can keep him healthy which he hasn't been lately (still had 3.5 sacks despite being injured a lot last season). To keep him healthy you limit his downs to passing downs which he would be doing here in Florida. For the vet minimum this would be a good addition for rotating with David Bowens.

As for your original line "full of bad opinions". DCH isn't stating opinions rookie. DCH has a history of being able to predict the phins future moves before the newspapers catch wind of them and is usually right 85% of the time. So ease up there Sgt.

Back
Top Bottom