If Henson is so good, then... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If Henson is so good, then...

Predaphin

Predator in the Water
Reaction score
why are the Texans trading him??? did he request to be traded?? or do the Texans just dont need him?? I just dont feel Henson is gonna be that good....and I still feell like his heart is in Baseball....hope he doesnt turn out to be another C.Hutchinson, who BTW, is happy to be playing in NFLE.

Originally posted by Predaphin34
why are the Texans trading him??? did he request to be traded?? or do the Texans just dont need him?? I just dont feel Henson is gonna be that good....and I still feell like his heart is in Baseball....hope he doesnt turn out to be another C.Hutchinson, who BTW, is happy to be playing in NFLE.

Houston is trading him b/c they drafted thier franchise qb two years ago. They feel much more benefit from getting a pick and improving elswhere. For example if Mcgahee was available last year in the 6th round I would not have a problem if the phins drafted him. I would have a problem trading Ricky, but would be quite happy if the FO got a 1st or 2nd from our 6th. They never intended on keeping henson and it in no way reflects hensons talent.

well put...basically it was a very smart gamble if you want to call it that...of which is making the Texans look really damn smart. There is no way that the Texans let Henson enter the draft in april...and the 6th round pick they used on him...will probably turn out to be at least a 3rd or better...

The texans are merely carrying out the second part of a plan that was enacted a year ago when they "wasted" a 6th round pick on a guy who at the time had no interest whatsoever in playing football and was still trying to work things out in baseball.

I think the fact that he wallowed in baseball for 3 years before he gave it up, while he only played in like one actual yankee game and had one base hit the whole time, is a credit to his stick-to-it-iveness. He's going to be a much better football player than he was a baseball player.

As for Chad Hutchinson I still insist that Hutchinson was never seriously considered as a top 5 candidate in the draft because that was the year that Couch, McNabb, Akili, and Cade were drafted and Hutchinson was always only merely talked about as being "right up there" with all those guys, not better than any of them. Plus, Hutchinson had nothing behind his eyes, he was a pitcher in baseball and his problem was supposedly he wasnt very smart...so whats that mean he'll do as a QB?

Henson scored a 42 on the wonderlic. Having taken the exam myself, thats staggering.

Originally posted by ckparrothead
The texans are merely carrying out the second part of a plan that was enacted a year ago when they "wasted" a 6th round pick on a guy who at the time had no interest whatsoever in playing football and was still trying to work things out in baseball.

I think the fact that he wallowed in baseball for 3 years before he gave it up, while he only played in like one actual yankee game and had one base hit the whole time, is a credit to his stick-to-it-iveness. He's going to be a much better football player than he was a baseball player.

As for Chad Hutchinson I still insist that Hutchinson was never seriously considered as a top 5 candidate in the draft because that was the year that Couch, McNabb, Akili, and Cade were drafted and Hutchinson was always only merely talked about as being "right up there" with all those guys, not better than any of them. Plus, Hutchinson had nothing behind his eyes, he was a pitcher in baseball and his problem was supposedly he wasnt very smart...so whats that mean he'll do as a QB?

Henson scored a 42 on the wonderlic. Having taken the exam myself, thats staggering.

Excellent points!!
By the way how did you get the test? That must have been fun to take.

He was drafted to be traded. The Texans already have their young, big dollar QB in Carr out of Fresno state.

why are the Texans trading him???

Uhh, David Carr was selected #1 overall in 2002.

Back
Top Bottom