"If I ran the Dolphins" - Omar Kelly (QB situation) | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

"If I ran the Dolphins" - Omar Kelly (QB situation)

NYPhin24

Scout Team
Reaction score
"If i ran the Dolphins i'd hedge my bets at quarterback with this plan. Matt Moore is here to stay, and that's a good thing. But I'd address the position by signing Matt Flynn. and draft Oklahoma State's Brandon Weeded in the second round. That gives the team three good quarterback options, and you can still use your first round pick on a position of need. One of those three - Moore, Flynn, or Weeden - will get the job done for the rest of the decade"

(sorry no link, it was said during last nights Fiesta Bowl via "Sulia" unfortunately that site is blocked for me)

#1) I dont think Flynn will sign anywhere where he is not all but guarnteed to be the starting QB, especially coming off that performance on Sunday vs. the Lions he is flying high and him and his agent will not accept anything less, If you have Matt Moore and draft a QB in the 2nd round, i doubt Flynn sees that as fully committing to him, plus he will want Franchise QB money based off 2 games

#2)
I would not doubt Weeden especially after last nights Fiesta Bowl performance possibly being gone before Miami picks in the 2nd round, teams these days are QB hungry and are desperate (see Vikings grabbing Ponder at #12 who up until maybe 2 days before the draft was projected in the 3rd round, Jags trading up for Gabbert) I think with his age and maturity and what he showed when he gets in a rhthym and his quick release, he could step right into to a good situation and win some games, teams and GM and coaches are not thinking about 8 years from now because they may not have their job so they are seeing all this rookie success of QBs the past few seasons, Dalton leading the Bengals to 9 wins and a playoff birth (even though they backed in) they showed a forumula taking AJ Green with their 1st round pick and grabbing Dalton in the 2nd giving a glimmer of hope to drafting a top guy in the 1st and still getting your guy in the 2nd, I could see Weeden stepping in for a team like the Seahawks, Browns, Broncos, even the Redskins could take him in the 2nd round before we pick, Shannahans job and rep is on the line and i think he realized where that will go with Grossman and Beck,so if they cant get Luck or RGIII 1st round, why not Weeden in the 2nd

I think we're all glad that Omar Kelly doesn't run the Dolphins.

If it wasnt for the type of money it will take to land Flynn, I wouldnt be a bad idea IMO...

(sorry no link said:
#1)[/B] I dont think Flynn will sign anywhere where he is not all but guarnteed to be the starting QB, especially coming off that performance on Sunday vs. the Lions he is flying high and him and his agent will not accept anything less, If you have Matt Moore and draft a QB in the 2nd round, i doubt Flynn sees that as fully committing to him, plus he will want Franchise QB money based off 2 games

Flynn will be signed long before the draft so that would never be an issue. If he can't compete with and beat out Matt Moore he wasn't worth the money anyway.

I'm not very fond of the idea of having 3 quarterbacks over 27.

Look for Flynn to end up in Seattle next year. John Schneider was the director of football operations in GB when they drafted him. He knows him well.

i got news for u, if you want Brandon Weeden on the Dolphins, you're gonna have to draft him 9th.

i got news for u, if you want Brandon Weeden on the Dolphins, you're gonna have to draft him 9th.

I don't want Weeden on the Dolphins. I don't want to draft someone that old. You lose years right off the bat. Heck he is older than Matt Moore.

how many years did we have ronnie brown? 5? 6?

we took him #2 overall...

i'd take 5 or 6 good years from brandon weeden, and like it.

So not only does Omar suck at breaking down the oline he sucks at QBs too!

5nr636-1.jpg

Weeden! yes

7th round pick 2 game wonder from the same QB factory producing Rohan Davey and Jamarcus Russell: No

Last edited by a moderator:
how many years did we have ronnie brown? 5? 6?

we took him #2 overall...

i'd take 5 or 6 good years from brandon weeden, and like it.

Yeah, but look who drafted him. You can expect a good QB to be in the league 15+ years, running backs only average 5-6 years (if they're lucky)before their production drops off drastically. If he can come in and play right away, that wouldn't be bad. Most young guys ride the oak for a few years any way. But for him to come and sit, I wouldn't be for drafting him then. Is he good enough to start right away?

I don`t believe that. I think he`s at the earliest a late teens pick, the age is a factor right or wrong. Nothing would surprise me especially after last years draft with Locker and Ponder going as early as they did.

There is no way we would sign Flynn and then draft a 28 year old Qb (Weeden) to both compete with Moore for the starting job. That's too many chefs in the kitchen.

Say no to Weeden....I am from Nebraska and have seen our Huskers play him a few times....and have watched the Big 12 play him...he is a SYSTEM QUARTERBACK. Just another typical spread-type offense QB. He won't do anything in the NFL. Kid can hardly move, too. He is the second coming of Henne.....strong-armed, big guy, can't run well, can't escape the pocket well. And as mentioned before, he's old. Weeden is not the guy, and he won't be the guy ANYWHERE in the NFL. Try to get RG3 is the best possible thing to do.

Back
Top Bottom