If I was Spielman... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I was Spielman...

Cover23

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I would really consider signing Boston from San Diego. If they do let him go, Let Boston line up along side Chambers and I believe we will have top 2 receivers in the league. He can be reunited with his old WR coach, we all know what they did together in AZ.
Now stop the talks right now with Ramsey, I dont like this guy coming to Miami especially for our 1st round pick. If we indeed want him, drop Fiedler, drop Griese and trade a later pick plus cash if we have it and still draft Rivers/Henson.
Please dont let this be another boring offseason for the fans, pick us up after our very very dissapointing season.

If this Boston thing is real, i would give a future pick for him and draft Rivers/Henson and keep BG. Let him play around and then beef up the oline. But I don't think SD is serious about dumping boston.

San Diego is seriously considering taking Larry Fitzgerald with their first pick and dropping Boston. They are also considering using their second pick (1st of the second round) to secure Henson.

Once Boston is dropped we would not be required to give up any picks to acquire him.

Just like we weren't gonna have to give up anything to get brunell.

I say offer something for him just to secure the spot.

Get Henson with our first, resign Jay or BG, and offer either this years fourth or next years third for Boston.

Why would we want Boston? He's a body builder posing as a WR. If he's not good enough for AZ and SD.... he don't need to be in Miami.

I would try to get Henson, pickup an extra 1st or 3rd round pick from a Wale trade (since we would loose him in 2005 anyways)...

Use our money on QB (R. Ray, T. Couch), OL and WR and defensive picks in our late rounds.

I would also pick or sign that hot rookie kicker N. Reading to compete against Mare.

Since it seems that by 2005 or 2006 we will probably looking at a new HC and restructuring our defense, we should not worry about getting young talent there until then...

Last edited by a moderator:
If this Boston thing is real, i would give a future pick for him and draft Rivers/Henson and keep BG. Let him play around and then beef up the oline. But I don't think SD is serious about dumping boston.

DITTO!

To why we would want Boston, lets remember what he did with his old WR coach (our new WR coach). As a FA I would definitely be up for that risk/reward!

Speilman needs to learn how to get the bang out of his buck, meaning he needs to stop offering so much for players. An ex. is that he is offering a 1st round pick for Ramsey, thats too much.

Definately pick up Boston if available. No brainer in my book. He's not a body builder posing as a WR as someone stated. He's a big physical WR that wont get manhandled at the LOS, and can lay the wood as a downfield blocker! WIN-WIN!

Didn't Boston just sign a big FA contract last year? I imagine SD cutting him, they would take a HUGE cap hit......How does that make sense?

they signed him to a friendly contract that would allow them to get out relatively cap hit free if i remember just in case his behavior wasnt what theyd hoped, check with clump for the details though.

Some kind of stipulation in his contract allows for SD to release him with only a minimal cap hit. I read somewhere the contract was set up like a one year audition. Dont know how true it is, but thats where the release makes sense!

Originally posted by nick19991
Speilman needs to learn how to get the bang out of his buck, meaning he needs to stop offering so much for players. An ex. is that he is offering a 1st round pick for Ramsey, thats too much.

We take everything to heart... Maybe RS is offering a pick to see what reaction he would get (a feel for the situation). I am sure even if you make an offer, you can always take it back...

This year I have more confidence in our draft and FA situation than I have had over the last 3 years. Remember we have always been "This Close," before...

Back
Top Bottom