If I was Spielman... | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I was Spielman...

I've heard the same, set up to let them get out from under it at the end of year 1 if needed. After that, it becomes much harder to ditch him.

Originally posted by PHINFAN4LIFE
Some kind of stipulation in his contract allows for SD to release him with only a minimal cap hit. I read somewhere the contract was set up like a one year audition. Dont know how true it is, but thats where the release makes sense!
Thanks, I hadn't heard that.

Originally posted by Cover23
I would really consider signing Boston from San Diego. If they do let him go, Let Boston line up along side Chambers and I believe we will have top 2 receivers in the league. He can be reunited with his old WR coach, we all know what they did together in AZ.
Now stop the talks right now with Ramsey, I dont like this guy coming to Miami especially for our 1st round pick. If we indeed want him, drop Fiedler, drop Griese and trade a later pick plus cash if we have it and still draft Rivers/Henson.
Please dont let this be another boring offseason for the fans, pick us up after our very very dissapointing season.

I'm sure glad you're not Spielman! :nono:

Originally posted by inFINSible
Didn't Boston just sign a big FA contract last year? I imagine SD cutting him, they would take a HUGE cap hit......How does that make sense?

Just what I wuz thinking. He signed a deal LY and tried to find the details but couldn't. A nyway, it would be a good bet that he was paid a big bonus up front and if he was cut now, SD would take a cap hit for all of it in 04. Not likely, IMO.

Back
Top Bottom