If I was the FO I would.. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I was the FO I would..

Fin-omenal

"Now, get off my block"
Reaction score
Since there doent seem to be any clear cut #1 guy I would take my top three guys and see who is ready to get a contract done before the draft, much like Mario Williams did with the Texans.

I think the three guys would be Chris Long, Jake Long and Vernon Gholston. I elimanted Dorsey because he doesnt fit our scheme and Ryan since I believe he is a total smokescreen.

QB's taken #1 overall tend to break the bank more than other positions, and while he may be good your talking about a 30-32 million dollar guaranteed investment......I dont think we want to take that kind of chance.

The 3 guys I mentioned above all have their "lovers" and "haters" their upside and downside. Why not get these guy's agents together and see who is most willing to get a deal done not holdout until late August.

Now that I think about it, why not throw in Ryan to continue to the smokescreen?

I can't imagine that they won't have one person rated at the top, above all others. Also, we want there to be complete uncertainty as to who we will pick, so why would they start negotiating with people, with the intention of signing them early?

I can't imagine that they won't have one person rated at the top, above all others. Also, we want there to be complete uncertainty as to who we will pick, so why would they start negotiating with people, with the intention of signing them early?

Since the #1 overall pick has been dealt so infrequently, I think assuring yourself a player who will be there from the start would be a good move.

But this idea was assuming they dont have a guy they like heads above the rest.

I just dont want to see our #1 guy pulling a J Russell and holding out into the season.

Back
Top Bottom