If I was the owner this is what I would do. | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If I was the owner this is what I would do.

dailejav10

Practice Squad
Reaction score
I would hire Russ Ball from GB and make him the President of Football Operations then he can go out and maybe hire a guy like Eliot Wolf as GM. Now you have your structure in place. As owner I would give full control to Ball so he can evaluate the coach in place and decide whether or not he fits what you want as a coach. Ross needs his own people to run his franchise and it starts at the top.

Others to consider:
Eric Decosta - Baltimore
Omar Khan - Pitt
Duke Tobin - Conn
Nick Caserio - NE
Lake Dawson - Tenn
Chris Ballard - KC

that would certainly play into keeping Philbin considering the connections.

I would hire Russ Ball from GB and make him the President of Football Operations then he can go out and maybe hire a guy like Eliot Wolf as GM. Now you have your structure in place. As owner I would give full control to Ball so he can evaluate the coach in place and decide whether or not he fits what you want as a coach. Ross needs his own people to run his franchise and it starts at the top.

Others to consider:
Eric Decosta - Baltimore
Omar Khan - Pitt
Duke Tobin - Conn
Nick Caserio - NE
Lake Dawson - Tenn
Chris Ballard - KC

I don't think Ross is qualified to make a choice like that as an owner. I mean most owners are not so that's not a slap. USe your friend Peterson and hire 4 former coach 's and Gms as consultants to help you choose the best possible GM. Please forget this football czar crap we tried before

and i thought i read somewhere on here that decosta is under contract in baltimore.

I don't think Ross is qualified to make a choice like that as an owner. I mean most owners are not so that's not a slap. USe your friend Peterson and hire 4 former coach 's and Gms as consultants to help you choose the best possible GM. Please forget this football czar crap we tried before

It doesn't have to be in a czar structure but someone hand picked by Ross and given full autonomy.

Here's an outside the box name I would add for consideration:

Jim Popp.

He was a finalist for the Colts job in 2012, which is what got me interested, and here's the thing about Popp: he has a proven track record of twenty years.

If you don't know who I'm talking about, yes, he is from the CFL. He's not Canadian -- he's from North Carolina. He was named the GM of the Baltimore Stallions when the CFL expanded there in 1994. He took the Stallions to the Grey Cup as an expansion team. They won the Grey Cup in their second year in existence. They then moved to Montreal to become the Alouettes.

Jim Popp's team has never failed to make the playoffs. Ever. Not once. They've made it to the Division Championship game 15 out of 20 seasons he's been in charge. They've made it to the Grey Cup TEN times. That's every other year. They've won it four times.

I don't care if the level of competition isn't the same. He's just flat out good at what he does. Which is precisely why he won't even be on our radar.

Back
Top Bottom