If i were GM, these 2 would be my first 2 picks | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If i were GM, these 2 would be my first 2 picks

dolfinfan305

Practice Squad
Reaction score
1st Round Pick - Michael Clayton, WR LSU (the guys tall, has good speed and productive)

2nd Round Pick - Cody Pickett, QB Washington (accurate, good size, ahthletic, productive)

3rd Round - 5th Round draft offensive lineman

>5th Round draft on defense

Originally posted by dolfinfan305
1st Round Pick - Michael Clayton, WR LSU (the guys tall, has good speed and productive)

2nd Round Pick - Cody Pickett, QB Washington (accurate, good size, ahthletic, productive)

3rd Round - 5th Round draft offensive lineman

>5th Round draft on defense

Too bad we don;t have a second round pick!

Too bad we don;t have a second round pick!

Thats too bad.... i hope that Cody Pickett last uptil the 3rd Round and we draft him (hope Wanny is not around b/c i know he wont pull the trigger...He would be a good player for us and Washington has a great track record for taking QB's to NFL (Bledsoe, Tom Brady).

Originally posted by dolfinfan305

Thats too bad.... i hope that Cody Pickett last uptil the 3rd Round and we draft him (hope Wanny is not around b/c i know he wont pull the trigger...He would be a good player for us and Washington has a great track record for taking QB's to NFL (Bledsoe, Tom Brady).

I thought Brady was from Michigan?????? Maybe I'm lost:confused:

Miami needs to seriously address OL problems but DL could become a necessity as well.

Miami could in many different directions on draft day. OL, WR, DL, QB, DB

Amen Clump. If we take a skill position player with the first pick out next two picks better be OL and we had better had signed some stud OT to push Wade Smith.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Miami needs to seriously address OL problems but DL could become a necessity as well.

I agree Clump.

It comes down, as always, to what moves we are able to make before then, who is available at that pick, and what moves we think we can make afterwards. With the potential for a completely new coaching staff and philosophy, all bets are out the window. But even if the current staff remains, there are questions. I think O-Line and WR are the best bets for the first round right now, but it depends on who is on the table and how the coaches and scouts feel they will fit in.

For example there has been speculation at QB. Given the pressure to win right now, I don't know that we're likely to take a flyer on a QB, not if the current staff believes (as has been rumored) that Sage is the future QB. Even if we scrap Griese and Fiedler, what's not to say that the staff is happy with Sage, or decides that Brunell and Sage is the way to go?

There are many possible scenarios, and usually not one right answer, or one silver bullet that solves all our problems. The draft is a gamble, one more likely to fail than to succeed.

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet

I can agree with OL, and WR, but DL and corner are our strongest positions. I think we need some young LB to take up JRs spot in a year or so when he retires, if we draft anyone on "D".
I say we blow the whole draft on offense for a change. I wouldn't turn down a great DT if one fell to us, but I can't see that being a big need, with the way the OL played this year.

DL: T. Bowens has injury history, Burnett is mid 30s and UFA, Ogunleye is a RFA and could leave, Zgonina is > 30, Chester has had some injury concerns, D. Bowens and/or Jay Williams could be cap casualties.

DB: Marion > 30, Knight is staying, Freeman UFA, Both Surtain and Madison have big cap numbers and Surtain has had some problems with his knees recently, Fletcher sucks, Buckley UFA.

That's why I included them

Back
Top Bottom