If i were GM, these 2 would be my first 2 picks | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If i were GM, these 2 would be my first 2 picks

It all depends on who is available in FA and who gets picked before we get a shot. However I would trade Wally for a 1st and 3rd. If that happens then I would go WR and either OL or QB. I would prefer OL but that is just me. QB drafting early smacks of rebuilding and we need to use every pick on players that can contribute today. The two 3rd rounders should go OL again and DL. If Wally stays then go WR if a good one is available at our pick. If not I might trade down and use the next few picks on the OL and one on DL. I would also look at someone for the secondary either VIA free agency or draft. Sounds odd i know but I think we will loose freeman, definitely loose fletcher, t-buck may retire, and marion is old and out soon. That leaves us quite lean at those positions.

Regardless of what QB is back there, he will need protection. We can't protect who we have back there now.

Our O-Line can't open holes for RW and they are unable to pass block.

Personally, I think that if we had a more productive O-Line, we would have at least 2 more victories - specifically Indy and at New England! Both of those games had HUGE plays that hinged onthe O-Line.

We need to draft O-Line help in the first round and also look at help via FA.

Originally posted by MarinoFan4Life

Yes, Brady is from the Devil's state...

;)

What is it with you people and Michigan?

Originally posted by Dolphin Dan
Traded it to NE for a draft pick last year.

Doesn't that just add insult to injury? We screwed up the draft this year and helped the enemy at the same time...

:pray: Please let somebody sign O-gun for a first and a third rounder.

We need those picks more than we need him.

Originally posted by Jimmy James

Doesn't that just add insult to injury? We screwed up the draft this year and helped the enemy at the same time...

That's a little wrong.....didn't we get Wade Smith with that pick?

If so, that means that next years second rounder will have been used on a player with 1 year experience and who has shown that an offseason of hitting the weights might just give us a VERY good LT.

No garauntee that second round pick(if we still had it) would have worked out any better.

Besides, imagine had we not got him last year.:(

Originally posted by clumpedplatelet
Miami needs to seriously address OL problems but DL could become a necessity as well.

Miami could in many different directions on draft day. OL, WR, DL, QB, DB

wow clump, you are so smart.:rolleyes:

All of that relies on whether Wade Smith looks like he does now next year or if he improves. Let's hope he improves. :)

Even still, I don't like trading with the enemy. The only part of the axed Faulk to Miami deal I respected was that the Colts were willing to trade him for less to a non-division team. That's the approach the Dolphins should always take in trying to arrange trades...

Originally posted by Jimmy James
All of that relies on whether Wade Smith looks like he does now next year or if he improves. Let's hope he improves. :)

Even still, I don't like trading with the enemy. The only part of the axed Faulk to Miami deal I respected was that the Colts were willing to trade him for less to a non-division team. That's the approach the Dolphins should always take in trying to arrange trades...

i don't disagree that we hurt ourselves as far as giving NE the pick but, I think it's obvious that WS is going to at least find permanent position somewhere along the line. *fingers crossed*

cody picket? did i just read someone wants picket?

i would rather do everything we can and draft Manning, or hope we get a high enough for Ben Rothlesburger, Rivers, or Losman.

I would look for Miami to combine their picks for a trade to move higher up in the first few rounds and maybe lose a few in the lesser rounds. We're a hair away from having an awesome team....as everyone knows O-line.....Wade will be ok next year after strength and speed conditioning....so we only need a few good picks or pickups from FA and our O-line should be ALOT more productive. When that falls into place, the passing game improves, the running game improves, we have less sacks/fumbles and win more games.

I think we have enough talent at WR that just needs to be developed, just like any other pick (unless the guy is the next Jerry Rice in which case if we aren't in the top 10 for the draft, who cares anyways).

Fix the couple of holes on our O-line, keep our D and get rid of the dead weight and we'd easily be 10-3 and probably better at this point.....

Hey,....can anyone trade out the refs? LOL. They blew a game for us as well (houston, hard to forget)...almost 10 incorrect calls against us....THAT CREW SUCKED AND COST US A GAME!@!

Back
Top Bottom