If It Is Smith Going First, Why So Upset? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

If It Is Smith Going First, Why So Upset?

Smith cannot come in and start for us. He needs so much work in his drops and the finer things of the position. Also, did you watch Utah's offense? It is not the Minnesota offense. There may be some comparisons, but it aint that close. Personally, I want the guy who is best for the long haul. Not nexy year, cause every quarterback should ride the pine as a rookie.

Actually it helps the Dolphins more than if the 49ers wanted Rodgers....here's why, Rodgers is a west coast type QB...so if Tampa wants a QB...they would be leaning towards him any way....Even if Tampa doesn't trade for Rodgers....there's still Edwards and M. Williams...and a few teams will be concerned that the Dolphins will trade out of the 2nd to a team that wants either of the receivers, teams like Tampa or Minn...and of course there's longer shot teams as in Detroit or the Eagles. The only thing we know really know is the Dolphins own the best seat...and some team will pay to sit in it...how much and whom...doesn't matter for now. Sit back and relax...and enjoy the ride...a ride that comes every 40 years or so. GO PHINS!

Ghetti13 said:
Those people who are really upset about the 49ers possibly taking Alex Smith, I pose you this question. Have you really watched Rodgers and seen what he is capable of?

What are Rodgers flaws? He has a strong arm. He is very accurate. He is not afraid to take a hit. He has veteran like footwork and sense in the pocket. This kid has it all. So, why is he falling behind a player with a lesser arm and tons of things to work on?

The "Tedford Curse" might have alot to do with it.

Keep in mind, much of the reason the other Tedford prodigies failed was as much the team that drafted them as the guy who taught them in college. Also, Rodgers is his own man. And he has serious skills.

Personally, if it is true, and Smith is going one, I for one will be very excited because now we have a shot at Aaron Rodgers.

I agree..Rodgers is the more polished QB an IMO is more NFL ready. Smith may take some time to develop. I have always preferred Rodgers and now that it seems he might be available at #2 im beyond excited. For some reason though i dont think Saban will use the pick on Rodgers which sucks for us.

SkapePhin said:
Rogers will not be drafted by Miami.. Dont get your hopes up.
I agree. I think a trade down is goign to happen, but if we are forced to pick at 2 my money is on Braylon Edwards.

fishypete said:
Actually it helps the Dolphins more than if the 49ers wanted Rodgers....here's why, Rodgers is a west coast type QB...so if Tampa wants a QB...they would be leaning towards him any way....Even if Tampa doesn't trade for Rodgers....there's still Edwards and M. Williams...and a few teams will be concerned that the Dolphins will trade out of the 2nd to a team that wants either of the receivers, teams like Tampa or Minn...and of course there's longer shot teams as in Detroit or the Eagles. The only thing we know really know is the Dolphins own the best seat...and some team will pay to sit in it...how much and whom...doesn't matter for now. Sit back and relax...and enjoy the ride...a ride that comes every 40 years or so. GO PHINS!

Yeeeap. There hasnt been this much draft specualtion for us in forever. I cant wait till Saturday...i took a vacation day from work just to watch!! Cheers!

It is your opinion that Rodgers is not top 5 worthy. I have watched 5 of his games over and over again. I disagree. Edwards has some serious alligator arms when he is gonna get popped. Williams has been away for a year and we don't know if his speed is enough....

Ghetti13 said:
It is your opinion that Rodgers is not top 5 worthy. I have watched 5 of his games over and over again. I disagree. Edwards has some serious alligator arms when he is gonna get popped. Williams has been away for a year and we don't know if his speed is enough....

If you are a team that use's the west coast offense...Rodgers would be a perfect fit....if not....he will drop....my guess up to the 10th or so pick, if Tampa doesn't take him.

hopefully a trade down if not i dont mind Rodgers or Edwards on #2, If Ricky is coming back if not...we need a RB.

Rodgers can play in any offense. Are there any option spread attacks in the NFL? No. But that is not effecting Smith.

Ghetti13 said:
need qb,rb,wr,dt,cb,s......We can use everything. So, you take the best player available. From what I have seen, that is Rodgers.

If we need CB's then so does every other team in the NFL. Who do the vaunted Patriots have that scares you. Ty Law won't be back. The 2 backup CB's that started in the SB couldn't even make the roster on the Dolphins.
It is a testament to Bellichick that he was able to cover up their deficiencies.

Sam Madison does not fit what Saban or Belicheck look for because he is afraid to tackle. Surtain may not be around beyond the extent of his contract. Poole is talented but has not done it on the field yet. Howard and Edwards may be no better than backups. So, I think we could use a corner if a corner is the best player on the board when we pick either late 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, etc. We have no proof that these guys can do what the guys in New England do. Even though they make it look easy there.

Ghetti13 said:

Well, its only your opinion that he IS top 5 worthy.. I have heard several scouts say that these QBs are not worthy of the Top 5 picks.. and you would be in the minority saying that Rodgers is BPA at the 2 slot with Edwards/Benson/Caddy/Brown still available.

Need RB? We have someone else's third string benchwarmer for QB, need QB!

Back
Top Bottom